• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Just now, sanddancer said:

I guess you don’t rate him, why? 

The opposite mate, I'm not that shocked that Spence has gone somewhere else and is playing well. Already attracting big Prem interest? Maybe that's sooner than I expected but he came onto the scene playing well with us and in the summer, people on here couldn't wait to get rid of him after a season playing football under Neil Warnock as a winger, which he is very clearly not.

I'm just making fun of that attitude people had in the summer. Some completely jumped the gun on him, made comments about how they'd get rid for peanuts and that they'd drive him anywhere just to sell him. It was all a bit daft, to be honest.

I just hope we're heavily compensated for him in the summer as it seems like whatever has happened here, he doesn't want to come back any more. And to be fair, with Prem interest from the likes of Arsenal, I wouldn't expect us to hold back a serious bid for any of our players from those kinds of teams. A real shame for us this season though, he could have been a really good alternative to Jones. Thank God we're not in dire need for a wing-back on that side or we'd look even sillier.

Djed doesn't want to play for us anymore so really this is the best scenario all round. He keeps increasing his value and we cash in in the summer for huge money and remove a potential disruption.

• Like 1
Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Nah, he's made it clear he doesn't want to be here and Jones is still better.

He wasn't on Friday.  I noticed that nobody really mentioned how easily they got down our right hand side.  Spence has looked good against two lots of Premier League opposition now, in fact he looked good against Spurs when we played them under Woodgate as well.  Jones struggled on Friday, certainly defensively, and only showed flashes of what he could do with the ball, although I would place the responsibility for that on the team in general rather than him.  Spence would walk into our team if we actually thought properly about it.  How many Premier League clubs do we think are watching the likes of Crooks and Dijksteel as an example?  None cos they will never be able to play at that level.  Spence clearly can get to that level, the issue for him is, and was, consistency.  He seems to have found that at Forest, maybe we should be asking why that is from our own perspective.  I hope someone at the club is doing that, and isn't just taking the view that Spence is the problem but somehow he's not a problem at Forest.

• Like 1
Just now, TLF10 said:

I wonder if club had a further year in they favour to extend the deal and will activate that in summer.

If they did, I'd still be selling him in the summer.

It would just strengthen our negotiating position.

Fans won't forget him asking not to come back.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

I'm just making fun of that attitude people had in the summer. Some completely jumped the gun on him, made comments about how they'd get rid for peanuts and that they'd drive him anywhere just to sell him. It was all a bit daft, to be honest.

Maybe people will think a bit more before making similarly daft statements about our current/future lads

(I'm not holding my breath 🤦)

• Like 3
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

I wonder if club had a further year in they favour to extend the deal and will activate that in summer.

Maybe Wilder can get the same performances out of him next season, imagine having him playing for us in his current form. 

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Attitude is the easiest thing to change, so maybe he has changed. 

It's very possible, isn't it? Proper attitude problems kill players' careers. Does Spence look like a player whose attitude is holding him back at Forest? Not at all.

Which begs the question, why could Chris Hughton and now Steve Cooper manage him just fine and why could Neil Warnock and whoever else at our club not do so?

For me, this shows he's there to be managed even if he's a difficult character to manage at times. Get him onside and you've got a belting player on your hands. The sad thing is Wilder may well have managed him fine as well but we'll probably never know.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

If they did, I'd still be selling him in the summer.

It would just strengthen our negotiating position.

Fans won't forget him asking not to come back.

Will they forget ripping him to shreds beforehand I wonder.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Djed doesn't want to play for us anymore so really this is the best scenario all round. He keeps increasing his value and we cash in in the summer for huge money and remove a potential disruption.

He wanted to leave last season, he wasn’t happy at Boro, He knew how good he was, Boro knew how good he was. He just wasn’t going to achieve that on Teesside. He left knowing he had to prove himself to himself, he has done that and when he is sold he will have repaid the faith Boro put in him

• Like 1

Woodgate on BBC

It was rumoured that Middlesbrough turned down £10m for Djed Spence in the transfer window. He is destined for the Premier League and worth a lot more than £10m on this performance.

I would be very happy with £15m plus a sell on clause