oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

3 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

If your not playing in England your not getting in because nobody knows what is going on or has any interest in any league outside the prem. Tomori might aswell be playing in the championship for us.

Bellingham is in the squad whilst playing for Dortmund, as he has been for a while.

Tammy Abraham is in the squad, whilst playing for Roma.

Sancho was getting in the squad whilst in Germany too.

We tried to get Musiala to declare for England.

I think Southgate is just less willing to experiment with his defence.

It's surprising enough that he's not picked Walker with the view of giving Alexander-Arnold a camp as the main right back.

• Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's a weird one.

Maguire I can sort of understand given he's been a key part of two excellent international tournament runs.

He's arguably earned a bit of credit, despite how badly he's playing for Man United right now.

Mings is largely a bit part player for England though, there's no risk in dropping him for somebody who's playing very well for a handful of friendlies.

It'll be an interesting one for Guehi though, I expect he'll start against Côte D'Ivoire, the country where he was born against the country where he was raised. Probably quite a meaningful match for him.

I understand the reasoning but disagree with it totally. A good example is dele Alli who was being picked on his from from years previous for a long time, only recently really dropping out of the picture. He could easily have been replaced by someone more effective. Maguire has been bad all season and if you are picking players on past performances you're telling players that leaving big clubs to try to get game time abroad is not going to pay off. He should have been picked for the euros and he's only gotten better since. 

The only thing I would say about any United player that plays for their national team is they are capable of stepping up out of the bleak situation they seem to have going on in their head simply by playing for that club. United is, and has been for a while, an absolute *** show. The football side of the club is, relatively speaking, a mess. Pretty much every decent player that has played for United over the past few years has had long periods of looking like a nothing footballer, including the very best talent. Just look at Pogba for France, every time I see him play for the national team he's absolutely superb, every bit of world class that demanded the fee they paid to bring him back. Every time I see him play for United, there or thereabouts, he is a shadow of himself. Jadon Sancho could well be a top, top class footballer still in the Premier League but I'm not jumping the gun on him because he's not been great for United. Even Bruno, who came in and looked like a talisman to turn this club around to many, he's had long spells of being dreadful, including against us.

United just isn't the step up for a player that it used to be.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

The only thing I would say about any United player that plays for their national team is they are capable of stepping up out of the bleak situation they seem to have going on in their head simply by playing for that club. United is, and has been for a while, an absolute *** show. The football side of the club is, relatively speaking, a mess. Pretty much every decent player that has played for United over the past few years has had long periods of looking like a nothing footballer, including the very best talent. Just look at Pogba for France, every time I see him play for the national team he's absolutely superb, every bit of world class that demanded the fee they paid to bring him back. Every time I see him play for United, there or thereabouts, he is a shadow of himself. Jadon Sancho could well be a top, top class footballer still in the Premier League but I'm not jumping the gun on him because he's not been great for United. Even Bruno, who came in and looked like a talisman to turn this club around to many, he's had long spells of being dreadful, including against us.

United just isn't the step up for a player that it used to be.

That and they don't have a manager like Fergie who can scare the bejeezus out of them and give them the right "motivation" to perform.

12 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Some numpty ziptied himself by the neck to the goalpost in the Everton game...

Stop calling Frank Lampard a numpty, if it gets the attention and the reactiion his after from the team then more managers might try the ziptie goal post route.   

Southgate is pretty fair in my book. Rashford and Sancho have been dropped as they haven't performed for England or United. The difference with Maguire is he's been good for England. People were howling for Pickford and Sterling to be dropped due to club form and they delivered for England in the Summer too.

Southgate can't just bin off guys who were integral to getting to our first final in most people's living memory. England have a big pool of players to choose from, if we only ever choose who's been in the best form the last 3 months then we'll have a constantly changing squad and lose the team spirit and club atmosphere that's taken so long to build.

It's kind of like Alli, Dier, Young, Lingard etc after the World Cup... They were gradually phased out for younger, better players. But they were also given the chance to keep their shirts after reaching a semi final, as they deserved to. The same thing will happen to Maguire. If his bad from carries over to England, he'll be dropped. 

Mings though... he is a poor player and wasn't integral to the Euros anyway. Tomori deserved a spot over him. For what it's worth, I think Tomori will play in Nations League over Mings and probably stay in the squad for the World Cup. 

3 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Yes because it's not like there were other methods of restraints made with sustainable materials that he could have used.....idiot.

200.gif