• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

I've just watched a Manchester United team supposedly filled with world-class players get bent over and pumped by Liverpool. What a mess United are, from the boardroom to the back four. I think it's going to be a long time before they're challenging for the title again.

Speaking of titles, well done Fulham. Maybe they'll contribute more to the PL next season than they have done on previous showings.

there are several world class players there but they are a bunch of individuals that rarely want to do the graft that is the sign of a real team. Players acquired for commercial reasons rather than how they fit into team. Can't imagine Mr. F tolerating the antics of the last few seasons and can see the likes of Rashford and Maguire looking elsewhere if they want to win something. Only reason to go there at moment is cash and until they realise that agents don't always tell the truth about the players they are trying to sell to you, then they will keep being mugged by "stars" looking for a retirement home.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Not a bad start for karanka, 0-0 away draw Vs atletico

The stats were mental though. Atletico with 22 shots but only 1 on target. We should be looking at their strikers for next season.

54 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Eric Ten Hag appointment for Man Utd

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/61172629

A better manager than Ole and Ragnick certainly, but he's essentially getting the job on two Champions League victories against two top teams before getting knocked out by Spurs, essentially what we did this season against United, Spurs and then Chelsea. De Boer had a similar record in the Eredivisie and couldn't last 5 games at Palace. He's not even a "young up and coming manager", he'll be the 5th oldest Manager in the Prem. I'd have gone with Poch personally but looks like United fans want the unknown quantity.

One thing that puzzles me is that the man is used to working with players brought through by the club, mainly from a young age and now he is being given a bunch of stars that think they are more important than any system. Nothing could possibly go wrong in that sort of situation...  unless he says get rid of him and him and him and show me the kids that are going to be in the team next year .. 

• Like 4
49 minutes ago, Foogle said:

A better manager than Ole and Ragnick certainly, but he's essentially getting the job on two Champions League victories against two top teams before getting knocked out by Spurs, essentially what we did this season against United, Spurs and then Chelsea. De Boer had a similar record in the Eredivisie and couldn't last 5 games at Palace. He's not even a "young up and coming manager", he'll be the 5th oldest Manager in the Prem. I'd have gone with Poch personally but looks like United fans want the unknown quantity.

Pochettino doesn't exactly have a glittering career as a manager either, in terms of actually winning things. In fact I think Ten Hag has won more silverware.

2 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

One thing that puzzles me is that the man is used to working with players brought through by the club, mainly from a young age and now he is being given a bunch of stars that think they are more important than any system. Nothing could possibly go wrong in that sort of situation...  unless he says get rid of him and him and him and show me the kids that are going to be in the team next year .. 

Honestly, I think he should. I think United need to go back to square one and recognise what they have before entering the market. There is a lot of dross in there they need to get shot of first and foremost. If they just stop for 5 minutes and accept how far they are away from Liverpool and City and get an idea of where they're at and build something like a 5-year plan towards challenging them instead of thinking any one piece is going to solve this completely messed up puzzle, they might actually get somewhere in the next 5 years. Right now, it doesn't matter which way they go with it, they're not touching these clubs who have their *** together.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

I have a feeling thats pretty much what he will do.

The "slacker superstars" will either be let go or transferred. The ones who are prepared to get on board with his ideas will be used to provide a core of experience, while the youngsters are brought through to the first team.

39 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Honestly, I think he should. I think United need to go back to square one and recognise what they have before entering the market. There is a lot of dross in there they need to get shot of first and foremost. If they just stop for 5 minutes and accept how far they are away from Liverpool and City and get an idea of where they're at and build something like a 5-year plan towards challenging them instead of thinking any one piece is going to solve this completely messed up puzzle, they might actually get somewhere in the next 5 years. Right now, it doesn't matter which way they go with it, they're not touching these clubs who have their *** together.

That makes perfect sense but if they aren't in the top 3 by Christmas and no more than 4 points off the actual top the fans will be wanting him sacked as an abject failure and not good enough for their illustrious Club.

• Like 1