oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Just now, DanFromDownSouth said:

What an incredible game this has been for the neutral!

Best I've watched this season.

Can't believe City aren't completely out of sight, the scoreline doesn't reflect how dominant they've been.

I think they're going to blow it in the second leg now, though I want to be wrong.

• Like 3
  • Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:
Mowbray leaving Blackburn at the end of the season, presumably unless they sneak back in to the play-offs and get promoted.

OnPrice of Football podcast, Kevin McGuire, answering a Rovers fan question,  said that Venkys (the owners) had pumped an average of £393,000 per week into Blackburn since they bought it - over £150m in total. He couldn’t understand it as he said they very rarely appeared at Blackburn and didn’t really seem to have much interest. He also pointed out that even if they got promoted and established in Premier League, the likely resale value of Blackburn would be a max of £200m, so even a financial return was unlikely now. 
I suspect they feel they’ve given Mowbray long enough and it is time to try someone else.

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:
Mowbray leaving Blackburn at the end of the season, presumably unless they sneak back in to the play-offs and get promoted.

It almost sounds like a retirement speech, that.

• Like 1
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

It almost sounds like a retirement speech, that.

Yeah, saying he doesn't see his kids anywhere near enough would hint that he's considering staying close to Teesside from now on.

55 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Offer him some kind of high-level role in the scouting/recruitment department, there's no doubting he can spot a gem.

Might not be a bad shout that, Mogga is 59 this year he may feel that sort of role would suit him.

37 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

OnPrice of Football podcast, Kevin McGuire, answering a Rovers fan question,  said that Venkys (the owners) had pumped an average of £393,000 per week into Blackburn since they bought it - over £150m in total. He couldn’t understand it as he said they very rarely appeared at Blackburn and didn’t really seem to have much interest. He also pointed out that even if they got promoted and established in Premier League, the likely resale value of Blackburn would be a max of £200m, so even a financial return was unlikely now. 
I suspect they feel they’ve given Mowbray long enough and it is time to try someone else.

It's probably like one of those monthly subscriptions where you forget about it and they keep taking your money for years before you notice. One day the Venkys will be having their annual Bank statement checking dinner (over chicken of course) and they'll notice an odd little recurring entry from a 'Bburn'...

• Haha 1

Sunderland could do a lot worse than Mogga in summer. Alex Neil there until end of season. Would not begrudge Mogga that gig as it would allow Mogga to be live on Teesside full time whilst still managing at a good level.