oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Well atmrgumented @Changing Times and I completely agree. I don’t think a salary cap is the way forward. It’ll just generate other “problems” like excessive sign on fee etc. the real problem is the agents who get paid by the clubs instead of the players and you have greedy agents trying to shift players constantly and creating u rest within the clubs and putting ideas in their clients heads. I don’t know how to combat that as it’s obviously their jobs but I do think that it’s the players that should be paying the agents and there should be a fixed percentage (if we are talking about introducing some sort of cap). But I guess that would just inflate what the players are asking to be paid. 

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Well, there you go then.  Where are the people saying their should be a cap on actors salaries?

Ok but then lots of people are 'overpaid' if that's your simplistic point of view so let's talk about them all.  Just out of interest, above what amount of money is the point where people are being overpaid in your opinion?

Not talkng about lots of people or actors or authors, we're talking about IN MY OPINION overpaid footballers, your ok with it I'm not so we agree to disagree pointless going around in circles. 

My biggest issue with footballers wages is that the wages alone are over how much clubs generate in revenue - sometimes by ridiculous amounts. I have no problems people earning whatever they can but clubs are running terrible business models.

It’s a bubble waiting to burst and one club going bust could have a disastrous effect throughout the whole of the game. 

• Like 3

Klopp not happy Liverpool and Real Madrid allocated 20000 tickets for the Champions League final in a 75000 capacity stadium, so no doubt some fans will have to pay an extortionate price if they want to go always the same.  

Know it is only a small consolation on a poor day, but nice to see Man U get hammered again. can understand Liverpool and Man City scoring as they please but with their cash they should not be conceding four goals to the likes of Watford and Brighton. Their rebuild might be as big as ours..  but hopefully not as successful 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Know it is only a small consolation on a poor day, but nice to see Man U get hammered again. can understand Liverpool and Man City scoring as they please but with their cash they should not be conceding four goals to the likes of Watford and Brighton. Their rebuild might be as big as ours..  but hopefully not as successful 🙂

Same problem as us today, too many Players weren't up for it for whatever reason/s?

League two was crazy yesterday 

Bristol Rovers needed to win and by at least 5 goals more than a Northampton win ... To secure an automatic promotion

Northampton won 3-1 

Rovers won 7-0 with a lot of late goals ... Mission impossible is sometimes possible

5 hours ago, SmogDane said:

League two was crazy yesterday 

Bristol Rovers needed to win and by at least 5 goals more than a Northampton win ... To secure an automatic promotion

Northampton won 3-1 

Rovers won 7-0 with a lot of late goals ... Mission impossible is sometimes possible

I suspect that the EFL will want to take a long hard look at that and why Bristol's opponents played a team full of kids and at the very least disrespected and devalued the competition.

• Like 1
On 5/7/2022 at 11:25 AM, GrimsbyBoro said:

My biggest issue with footballers wages is that the wages alone are over how much clubs generate in revenue - sometimes by ridiculous amounts. I have no problems people earning whatever they can but clubs are running terrible business models.

It’s a bubble waiting to burst and one club going bust could have a disastrous effect throughout the whole of the game. 

Shouldn't be the case if they following FFP that the wages are more than income. 

I don't agree with salary caps, its all supply and demand and if clubs are making mental revenue because of the players then they deserve their fair share. Some people are on ridiculous amounts of money but they only working for short period of time and if clubs are bringing in the revenue off the back of these players then they deserve their fair cut. If the owners want to run the clubs at a loss that's their problem and not the players, just as it is with anyone else's employer.

Sure its crazy money compared to what we get personally and the wages bottom ends of the lower leagues, but if your a huge part of why a business is making that money then you deserve to be paid no matter how big that cut is. if your not worth it you wont be paid that again or retained. I'd rather the players are rewarded than the clubs just hoarding everything, would only lead to another country not following the same caps and the best talent would only ship out to that league. Plus capping peoples wages is pretty much illegal.

If a players not worth the money they pay them then that is on the club themselves. I think since FFP come in its curbed a lot of teams from taking the *** as much as they used to.