oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

34 minutes ago, Rob said:

Shouldn't be the case if they following FFP that the wages are more than income. 

If a players not worth the money they pay them then that is on the club themselves. I think since FFP come in its curbed a lot of teams from taking the *** as much as they used to.

Agree with the middle bit, but have to respond to this separately.

There are only 6 clubs in the Championship this season whose wages are not larger than the clubs income, we are not one of them. In fact, our wages are nearly double our income in our latest accounts, even pre-covid they were around 1.5x income and we are relatively comfortable from a FFP perspective. FFP doesn't work as it currently is and won't until someone actually takes a proper interest in governing it, so we may as well get rid of it.

• Like 2
  • Replies 34.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Watford are appointing Forest Green Rover manager Rob Edwards as their next manager.

A change in approach from Watford's owners, they usually go foreign.

We'll see how much of a change of approach it is about 2 months into next season if it's all going tits up again.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

We'll see how much of a change of approach it is about 2 months into next season if it's all going tits up again.

The club is a complete basket case with the Pozzos in charge. It continually amazes me that anyone would want to work for them.

I'd suggest appointing a DoF to try and ensure some sort of continuity, but they'd probably get fired as well, if things didn't work out.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

All done without ever contacting FGR, their owners continue to be ***.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

The club is a complete basket case with the Pozzos in charge. It continually amazes me that anyone would want to work for them.

I'd suggest appointing a DoF to try and ensure some sort of continuity, but they'd probably get fired as well, if things didn't work out.

I'm pretty sure they've justified the way they do things in the past, too. To be fair, they've spent more time in the Prem than we have in a while but I can't imagine what it's like wondering who your next manager is after you just appointed one.

10 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm pretty sure they've justified the way they do things in the past, too. To be fair, they've spent more time in the Prem than we have in a while but I can't imagine what it's like wondering who your next manager is after you just appointed one.

Seems a pretty thin justification to me. They've spent most of that time scrapping for survival and this season their luck finally ran out.

Whereas if they'd done things properly, planned for the future, stuck with a manager & philosophy for more than a couple of seasons and tried to actually develop a squad that was more than cannon fodder for most other teams, they might still be in the PL.

But hey - if that counts as success for them, I guess they were successful. 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Not a nice club, happy to see them relegated, probably got Rob Edwards as coach so it doesn't cost them as much when they fire him.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Nice parting shot from them.

Seems like he'll be a good fit at Watford. Just hope he takes it well when he inevitably gets sacked in a season or two.

5 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Seems like he'll be a good fit at Watford. Just hope he takes it well when he inevitably gets sacked in a season or two.

No Watford manager has ever lasted more than a season under the Pozzos.

Most haven't even lasted a full one.

• Like 2