oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

Be bringing in warnock in a few weeks Hudds 

This 'manager' won't be there long with fans booing at HT of the opening game 

As for Burnley they're playing vs a team sat in their own box at home not even trying to close down and yet still look pretty susceptible out wide to counter attacks, number 5 doesn't like to be pressed either 

They'll be up there but Fulham would be 5-0 up by now 

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

I'm not sure defending is their issue. I'm not overly scared of Burnley based on this. They seem decent on the ball....BUT....

They are, as said, probably quite "green" at the back, and

I don't know if I can see them scoring loads with this team. Barnes will get 10-15 but costello looks poor and they've only scored due to a guy tripping on the ball. 

They will have a lot of the ball in most games based on this, but can see them being relatively toothless without signing a goalscorer 

Still got Rodriguez and Twine that can come into this team.  Now that they’ve sold McNeil, and after they’ve sold Cornet, they might bring in another couple of players.

Genuinely don't know what to make of that half. 

Burnley look crisp, no doubt about it, but they've had such an easy ride.

Hudds press is woeful and they're just letting Burnley do what they want. Who on earth is this manager they've got.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Still got Rodriguez and Twine that can come into this team.  Now that they’ve sold McNeil, and after they’ve sold Cornet, they might bring in another couple of players.

Fair point. I'm just doing what a lot of fans do I guess. Basing the season on now rather than in 4 weeks when the window closes and squads are finalised. As is now though, not as concerned about Burnley as I thought I would be. However, as of tomorrow, I'm likely to be more concerned about Boro than I thought I'd be 🤣

1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

Genuinely don't know what to make of that half. 

Burnley look crisp, no doubt about it, but they've had such an easy ride.

Hudds press is woeful and they're just letting Burnley do what they want. Who on earth is this manager they've got.

Essentially Corbreran's understudy by the sounds of it. Sounds like the plan was always to give it to Schofield after he left but it does feel like the ownership have felt, what with having to sell 2 of their best players for less than their probable worth to Huddersfield, that continuity is the best chance of going one step further.

Burnley have looked good but it is worth saying that Huddersfield are a team in kind of a tough situation and Burnley have apparently limited pretty much all analysis of their set-up all summer. Not exactly unheard of admittedly but Sky got their lineup quite wrong too.

Burnley will have another level when they finish their business, mind, so there is that. Kompany sounded like he wasn't exactly where he wanted to be at the start of this game.

4 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Huddersfield look a bit unfit to me. 

Wonder if that's down to the preseason being messed with. Corbreran left just before it started, didn't he?

1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

They look unfit and unguided. There's no plan here.

Yeah you can see how Burnley are going to operate this season based off 55 mins of football, no clue what Huddersfield want to do 

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Wonder if that's down to the preseason being messed with. Corbreran left just before it started, didn't he?

Could be and/ or maybe the new manager has worked them a bit too hard when he's taken over. They look a yard off the pace though whether that's being under trained or over trained. 

I would feel pretty positive if I was a Burnley fan though. 

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

can we use this for talking about other games that impact us in the league? I'd transfer the messages form here but I'm a bit tipsy and lazy.

I was gonna say how do we know they're promotion rivals for us but they are currently top of the league.

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

can we use this for talking about other games that impact us in the league? I'd transfer the messages form here but I'm a bit tipsy and lazy.

But what if neither Hudds or Burnley are promotion rivals? (insert appropriate joking emoji)