oneBoro Forum

Non-Boro Football

8 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Another Coventry home fixture off.  Cant see this ending well for them.

Can't they reverse the fixture and play at Wigan and then reverse the Wigan home fixture later in the season or is that too simple?

• Replies 34.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Can't they reverse the fixture and play at Wigan and then reverse the Wigan home fixture later in the season or is that too simple?

Apparently they tried but Wigans stadium is booked out for something.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Apparently they tried but Wigans stadium is booked out for something.

Probably for Rugby League which makes you wonder just how bad the Coventry pitch must be if Wigan FC and Wigan Warriors can alternate on the same pitch.

5 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Probably for Rugby League which makes you wonder just how bad the Coventry pitch must be if Wigan FC and Wigan Warriors can alternate on the same pitch.

Wigan Warriors are away from home this weekend.

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Wigan Warriors are away from home this weekend.

Warriors are at Wigan on Friday night and the Coventry fixture is/was for Tuesday night so maybe they need more time to prepare and mark the pitch out. Can't see anything in the DW events calendar but even so I would have thought three days would have been enough time. There again maybe Wigan would rather have a fixture in hand so to speak.

Regardless, the situation for Coventry is becoming farcical and I would have thought that they need to be looking for a Plan B very quickly, Birmingham or Northampton for a Month or so would be the most obvious.

2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Warriors are at Wigan on Friday night and the Coventry fixture is/was for Tuesday night so maybe they need more time to prepare and mark the pitch out. Can't see anything in the DW events calendar but even so I would have thought three days would have been enough time. There again maybe Wigan would rather have a fixture in hand so to speak.

Regardless, the situation for Coventry is becoming farcical and I would have thought that they need to be looking for a Plan B very quickly, Birmingham or Northampton for a Month or so would be the most obvious.

For some reason I thought it was today's match that was postponed, it's a very strange situation.

Coventry have no luck with their stadium situation.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Sunderland are winning too many matches for my liking lately

8 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

It wont last!

2-0 up against QPR at half time, while Boro were 3-0 down. Makes you think, doesn't it? 🤔

Still, its early days. Could all change in a couple of months.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

Another Coventry home fixture off.  Cant see this ending well for them.

I’m sure I read somewhere that the pitch won’t be ready until September at the earliest