• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

Was speaking to someone I work with at BBC Sport yesterday who is very good mates with Steve Harper. Harper had told him that of Newcastle's 5 summer signings (not including Darlow and Lascalles, who actually signed last year), SMac had nothing to do with 3 of them, and heavily resisted one. I do feel a bit sorry for him if that's the case.

McClaren's main target in the summer was Charlie Austin apparently and they didn't even make a move for him. He knew what he was getting himself into up there so he'll just have to accept it.

Mitrovic was a target for a lot of other clubs. I don't see why McClaren would resist that, I was a big advocate that we should sign him had we gone up. Wijnaldum he knows from his time in Holland and knew his ability. The only one I think he would have been against would have been Thauvin.

Generally speaking its been the transfers the other way that has hurt them. Olivier Kemen should never have been allowed to leave and Jonas Guttierez still had enough left in the tank for another season at least. Also Remy Cabella is a decent enough player and it made no sense to loan him out for a season.

Chelsea are 5 points of the relegation zone and only 3 points ahead of Sunderland... WOW.

RA is ruthless so I am surprised he hasn't sacked JM already.

The reaction of Costa, Tossing his bib in JM's direction shows a lack of respect and probably an indication JM has lost at least some of the dressing room.

I think he will be sacked before Christmas.

Chelsea are 5 points of the relegation zone and only 3 points ahead of Sunderland... WOW.

The reaction of Costa, Tossing his bib in JM's direction shows a lack of respect and probably an indication JM has lost at least some of the dressing room.

You may be right. And even tho I quite like Steve Agnew, I feel José would make a decent No2 to Aitor :P

You may be right. And even tho I quite like Steve Agnew, I feel José would make a decent No2 to Aitor :P

I'm pretty certain that despite all the noise coming from the club, the dressing room is gone. How else does a team go from champions at a canter to near relegation dogfight?

I've also got a hunch that RA is firmly in Mourinho's corner rather than the players. No other manager would have lasted this long, and my hunch is that he's giving him the transfer window to shake the squad up and then looking at the performance until the season end. I think it will be very telling what's going on there depending on who leaves or who comes in. 

If there's no shake up then maybe this season has been written off and Jose is going to stick at the helm till they can lure a big name manager away, their issue is there aren't many of them around who Abramovich hasn't given the sack to!

Im sure that i read a bit back that it would cost RA about 70m to sack JM and get another high profile manager in just in compensation alone. I think this season over for chelsea which is why i think RA will save his money.

Bolton are screwed

I don't know why managers give players like Madine a chance, It sjust shows how poor Lennon is if he can't sign a better player than him.. Not only is he a nasty piece of work he is also garbage at playing football. I could go scout none league football and pick a better footballer.

With strikers like Amiobe, Madine & Heskey what chance does a team have?.