• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Their is a fascinating article about the Boro in today’s Athletic... Nine championship games in 29 days.  Following a team in their maddest run ever.    Neil Warnock was on the pit

Centuries ago Villages had ducking stools whereby if the person drowned they were innocent and if they lived they were guilty and sentenced to death. Nowadays not much has changed sadly. Idiots postin

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. I probably shouldn’t have made things public, but I was at as very low ebb. It’s been a difficult year, not made better by COVID. Lockdown bucket lists aren’t

Posted Images

The number of A licence isn't as important as number of B licence I think

If we are talking about developing kids the A licence doesn't teach you anything the B has already thought you. The child modules are more important

I know what your saying and maybe it points to desire of coaches but I'd be interested in knowing the numbers of B level in each country

If we are talking about developing kids the A licence doesn't teach you anything the B has already thought you. The child modules are more important

I know what your saying and maybe it points to desire of coaches but I'd be interested in knowing the numbers of B level in each country

With such a significant disparity shown between the number of A standard coaches in the countries I can almost guarantee there'll be a huge disparity in the number of B standard coaches as well.

With such a significant disparity shown between the number of A standard coaches in the countries I can almost guarantee there'll be a huge disparity in the number of B standard coaches as well.

Probably but there is a huge difference in the cost and time to do the A and B

The UEFA B costs anywhere from £990 to £2450. But you also have to factor in time off work and expenses.

It would be nice if some of that money sloshing around in the prem was used to subsidise these courses. Mind you they should not be that expensive in the first place.

The professional clubs need more control and influence over schools in their local areas. Essentially put aside funding so that the schools can receive free UEFA badges to their staff as well as other equipment etc. This is how it works in Germany. The DfB and various clubs has a partnership agreement with about 20,000 schools and amateur sports clubs in Germany. The clubs are happy for this because it expands their scouting network at no additional cost.

Given how the Tories are fighting to include the private sector in our state's education system, I'm surprised they wouldn't be too upset over that type of involvement.

Even the B licence isn't designed for coaching kids. If what we are after is coaches to take kids from 5 yrs to 15 yrs and develop thier skills etc the B is overkill. Level 2 and the youth modules is where we need to get local coaches. So the few that are good enough get to 14-16 yrs old with the skills they need to move up and on

The professional clubs need more control and influence over schools in their local areas. Essentially put aside funding so that the schools can receive free UEFA badges to their staff as well as other equipment etc. This is how it works in Germany. The DfB and various clubs has a partnership agreement with about 20,000 schools and amateur sports clubs in Germany.The clubs are happy for this because it expands their scouting network at no additional cost.

Given how the Tories are fighting to include the private sector in our state's education system, I'm surprised they wouldn't be too upset over that type of involvement.

I'd be careful about advocating private sector involvement in any state institution (not in a condescendingy way and not that I'm saying you are). Seems to be a disease that's rife at the moment and its only getting worse. Tories shovelling public money into private business that are driven by the bottom line and rape the state in the process.

The professional clubs need more control and influence over schools in their local areas. Essentially put aside funding so that the schools can receive free UEFA badges to their staff as well as other equipment etc. This is how it works in Germany. The DfB and various clubs has a partnership agreement with about 20,000 schools and amateur sports clubs in Germany.The clubs are happy for this because it expands their scouting network at no additional cost.

I'd be careful about advocating private sector involvement in any state institution (not in a condescendingy way and not that I'm saying you are). Seems to be a disease that's rife at the moment and its only getting worse. Tories shovelling public money into private business that are driven by the bottom line and rape the state in the process.

I'd agree with this. What would the premier sides motivation be. They are after elite players. The one in ten thousand. Surely schools should be about all the ten thousand Developing even the worst players to be the best they can

Even the B licence isn't designed for coaching kids. If what we are after is coaches to take kids from 5 yrs to 15 yrs and develop thier skills etc the B is overkill. Level 2 and the youth modules is where we need to get local coaches. So the few that are good enough get to 14-16 yrs old with the skills they need to move up and on

What we are after is an overall improvement in coaching at all levels in this country. Having more UEFA A standard coaches can only help that. The 15,000, or whatever it is, UEFA A coaches in Spain aren't all at professional clubs, they are applying their higher level of knowledge to the grassroots of their countries football coaching. As a result they, as a country, are producing significantly more top class players than we are.

What we are after is an overall improvement in coaching at all levels in this country. Having more UEFA A standard coaches can only help that. The 15,000, or whatever it is, UEFA A coaches in Spain aren't all at professional clubs, they are applying their higher level of knowledge to the grassroots of their countries football coaching. As a result they, as a country, are producing significantly more top class players than we are.

We do probably need more a level coaches but for most people coaching in this country that don't have ambitions to coach for academies the level 2 and the youth modules are quite sufficient. Most coaches coach the kids until U16 then stop. If they want to coach U17 U18 U19. Then they could do with level 3 or even A licence but anything under non league level U18 U21. Doesn't need A level qualification

We do probably need more a level coaches but for most people coaching in this country that don't have ambitions to coach for academies the level 2 and the youth modules are quite sufficient. Most coaches coach the kids until U16 then stop. If they want to coach U17 U18 U19. Then they could do with level 3 or even A licence but anything under non league level U18 U21. Doesn't need A level qualification

That sort of feels like you're just describing the problem.

Why wouldn't/shouldn't youth teams want/need coaches with A licences.

The modules you mentioned clearly aren't "quite sufficient" because we're still teaching kids dross.

As Brunners said, they clearly aren't 'quite sufficient' as we aren't churning out the same quality of players that countries with more A standard coaches are.

That sort of feels like you're just describing the problem.

Why wouldn't/shouldn't youth teams want/need coaches with A licences.

The modules you mentioned clearly aren't "quite sufficient" because we're still teaching kids dross.

Because I would guess we also have very few level 2 coaches and the ones we have probably don't have the youth modules

To use an analogy.

We want to teach our kids infant and junior school maths we could train our teachers to PhD level maths but there's no point. But at the moment we have a load of teachers that are good at maths. What we need is these guys that are good at maths to take a teaching cert so they know how to get across their knowledge to kids

Once the kids go to uni to do maths then yes they then need teachers with the A qualification

I'd agree that from non league U18s upwards the coaches should have A level qualification and that is where we probably don't. I know of local non league teams that only require level 1 to coach their youth squads