oneBoro Forum

FIFA 13

You want ratings? I'LL GIVE YOU RATINGS!!!

Woody 75

Williams 72

Emnes 71

McEachran 71

Baily 70

Juke 69

Steele 68

Parnaby 67

mcmanus 67

Hoyte 66

Ledesma 66

Leadbitter 65

Carayol 65

Haliday 65

Friend 65

Williams 57.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a few games in before work. Loving it so far.

A lot more realistic, first touch isn't always perfect and is dependent on players ability (haroun can barely get running as he knocks the ball too far)

More realistic goals, low skimmers can go in, curling the ball seems a lot harder, long range power shots seem more realistic in terms of going in. Goal keepers flap, parry the ball, drop the ball and struggle with one on ones much more like real life.

Just started a player career, being loaned out to Plymouth, and whilst the first touch is more realistic, it p***es you off when everyone on your team has the touch of an elephant.

I've just manually updated our young lads. Giving the likes of Luke Williams and Curtis Main pace in the 50s and 60s just because they're young is rather ridiculous. They do it every year.

I was playing a game with Middlesbrough in career mode and I swear I heard the crowd singing "We are Middlesbrough". I haven't added custom audio or anything so I was well surprised to see that we've seemingly had one of our songs added into the game for us? Nice little addition.

Ooh ooh how do I update? Sorry not good at this sort of thing. Got fifa 13 yesterday and was coming on to moan that Reach & Bikey aren't on.

Love it!!! Only got to start playing it at half 10 last night it was half 1 before I knew it :) 1st touch can be annoying, but I can cope with that. I would have thought Steele would be rated better but never mind also McDonald only earning 3k HA HA HA!!! But gameplay is much better and I love the challenges before a match especially the lob passing into the bins played that one for ages!

Also can you transfer your pro from 12? Or do I have to start from scratch :(

After being very PRO fifa for many years, after playing this new one since release i must say i absolutely ***ing dispise this game. For the below reasons.

1) The first touch mechanic.

This is terrible. 20% of the touches the players come out with on this game are beyond a joke. If the player did this in the premier league on a weekly basis they would never play again. I think they have tried to make it far to 'realistic' and gone to far, to the stage its now unrealistic because some players can't control a pass that isn't weighted to perfection. Hell i say some players ive even noticed inesta make several bad touchs. I don't think its cause im a bad player because I went to the top league on fifa12 within weeks of release. (Initally this was quite a feat but then after a few months the standard of div1 dropped alot)

2) Fouls.

The referee seems very inconsitent and they still haven't sorted out the last man = a red card mechanic.

3) Tugging

This encourages foul play, not to mention its extremely effective so your at a big disadvantage not to use it. If a player goes through 1v1 just tug him, if its a fast player, just tug him. Sometimes its not even a foul and you can't get more than a yellow for this, even if your last man. (ive tried) And yes i hated it on previous fifas, but it was no way as effective.

4) Goalkeepers.

The goalkeeper problem is the same on FIFA12. A goalkeeper with good reactions is extermely tough to beat regardless of every other ability.

5) AI

They claim to have made the AI attack runs much better and more intelligent. Tbh i think they have just made the defending AI worse. They just dont follow there man anymore they let him run free thus granting the attacker lots of space. This would be fine if we were given enough control to control all 4 defends but since we can only control 2 at at time its ridculous that the 2 you can't control just leave there man to run through. Balls forward (if played well) just drop easily to the attacker (granted they will probably shin it away) without a defend being within 5 yards or pressing.

6) Goal quality

Although ive seen and scored some very nice goals on this game. I think there are far to many 'scrappy' goals where its been like pinball between the attackers and defenders, and you may aswell flip a coin to decide who comes out with it.

Granted its the same for BOTH teams, but for me i just don't enjoy the changes whatsoever.

Rating 5/10 Good : graphics/finish/sound/physics engine. Bad: Gameplay/connection

I think im going to move back to PES this year, which i never thought i would ever be saying again. Like i say - im was definitely a fifa fan over pes by a long way before this game