oneBoro Forum

Best and Worst Boro players list

Taylor really didnt contribute much and wasnt as good as riggot, southgate, woodgate, pabs etc plus i remember his 89th minute own goal when it was on Tees and that was heart breaking. For Kinder i just dont remember him doing that much and on the other thread where people named there worst XI he was on alot of them.

Ricard who was our top scorer for three years running I think....

I mean, seriously?

I always had time for him, people forget his goal-scoring record for us, especially when we got promoted in 1998. It was none too shabby and he scored some great goals for us. Always played with a lot of heart and desire and never ever said or did anything to let the club down.

Christie was a really good striker and tried hard whenever he played. The problem was his injury record. His legs were made of glass.

Got to number 20 before i had to reply, otherwise i'd never stop. Ricard wasn't amazing but knew where the goal was. Also, yes he's in (or was in) jail but nothing to do with football and a controversial reason to boot. Stamp was actually alright, a trier rather that a brilliant player. Weirdly also the player Alen Boksic regarded as the 'best player he's played alongside' according to a Match magazine piece about ten years ago... Weird what your brain remembers! Folan was poor but was a loanee and rarely played. Kinder was alright and exciting in a very poor defence. Tavares was solid and probably most compared to Doriva or Shawky in recent years, could have been good but failed to show that week in week out, better than Osbourne though. Jones and Turnbull had their moments but failed to live up to Schwarzer's class. Cattermole was annoying and I dislike him greatly but was a good player and was one of the players we should never have got rid of in the change of personnel that led to our decline.

Maybe research and think more thoroughly before you blog (although i admit i've done no research for this reply whatsoever! However blogging and responding are very different things) because without substance you may keep these discussions between you and your mates.