Boro vs Bolton Wanderers

[align=center]

borovbolton.jpg

Date: 27th October 2012

Venue: Riverside Stadium

Kick-off: 3:00pm

[/align]

TEAM NEWS

Jonathan Woodgate is needing the kid glove treatment, still getting back to full fitness, but is expected to be okay for this game. Justin Hoyte is back in training and will be assessed, as will Luke Williams, who is recovering from a hip injury. Marouanne Zemmama is also back in training and may be available. Kevin Thomson is expected to be out for 2 weeks after picking up a calf strain.

Unable to find any injury news for Bolton, so assume they will be able to field their first choice starting XI.

MATCH PREVIEW

High-flying Boro are on a 4 game unbeaten run, having won their last 3 in a row. In contrast, Bolton have been patchy and inconsistent all season, having recorded only 3 wins in their last 10 games. The hosts' strong home form is a mirror image of the visitors' away form, making them strong favourites to pick up the 3 points, especially with the recent sacking of Owen Coyle.

Jimmy Phillips will be caretaker manager for this game, until Dougie Freedman officially takes over as Wanderers manager.

MATCH FACTS

BORO HOME: W4 D1 L1 F12 A7

BOLTON AWAY: W1 D1 L4 F7 A12

Head to Head

Boro have played Bolton a total of 117 times, 59 times at home and 56 away. At home, Boro have won 29, Bolton 16 and 14 games have ended in draws.

Boro

- Biggest win over Bolton was a 5-0 victory during the 1948-49 season.

- Also recorded a 5-1 win during the 2006-07 season.

- Not exactly reliant on strikers as no fewer than 15 players have found the net so far this season.

Bolton

- Mark Davies scored a 90th minute equaliser in their last away match against Wolves.

- Last away win was a 2-1 victory over Sheffield Wednesday in September.

- Have actually scored 16 more goals than Boro in all their encounters.

Ones to Watch

Former Man Utd midfielder Chris Eagles is Wanderers' top scorer with 6 goals in 12 league appearances this season. Veteran striker Kevin Davies has 4 to his name. Striker Marvin Sordell and midfielder Martin Petrov are also more than capable of getting on the score sheet.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im going for a 2-0 win. They should be vulnerable down the flanks with Eagles and Petrov who aren't the most hard working of wide midfielders so Haroun and Reach should have some joy against them. Also their defenders aren't very mobile so they should struggle against Miller and Emnes's pace. It will be too good to be true if we win this as we are at dizzy heights in 3rd with all of our injuries this season so im keeping my fingers crossed that we can keep the brilliant run going.

Well, given that Hull were meant to be potentially tricky opposition and that we looked fairly comfortable for most of the game, I really can't see why Boro shouldn't make it 5 games unbeaten on Saturday.

We ought to win this, but a draw wouldn't be a disaster. As with Hull I'll go for a 2-1 Boro win and keep my fingers crossed we don't let them sneak a last-gasp equaliser, as Wolves did.

7 points out 9 would be fantastic, on paper, I was hoping for the best of 4 if I'm being honest.

Freedman doesn't look like he will get too much time with them, which has to be seen as a good thing

I really don't rate their keeper, we need to get at him early. Peg back Petrov and Eagles, match them in midfield and we should start to control the match.

I'd like to see the same team as Tuesday start

3 points on Saturday would be brilliant, it'll be a lot tougher than Hull I think, but the feelings are good at the club at the moment so I'm confident.

My team predication is:

Steele

Parnaby Hines Woodgate Friend

Reach Leadbitter McEachren Bailey

Emnes

Miller

By the looks of things on the website, we should have a higher attendencemaybe closer to 20k? Lets hope it is.

Spooky, what with Halloween weekend coming up, I've just noticed this in the League Tables, did anyone else notice the similarities between the clubs Home/Away form?

W D L Goals For Goals Against

Boro 4 1 1 12 7

Bolton 1 1 4 7 12

Wooooooo Spooky :dodgy::s:P

flood_png.jpg.3806b256b72d7ebdba431196725a4a4c.jpg

Boro 1-2 Bolton

Have learnt the hard way, as soon as boro start to get you excited they don;t turn up and your expectations are restored

i am a firm believer if you expect the worst, you are not as disapointed (one reason i always bet against the boro...win/win situation)

I#'m going for a boro win on this, not because of our form, not because i think we're the better team because.......

There doesn't appear to be any records/goal draught's/fate things to be proved/broken

On this fact alone I'm going for a easy 3-0 boro win.

Spooky, what with Halloween weekend coming up, I've just noticed this in the League Tables, did anyone else notice the similarities between the clubs Home/Away form?

W D L Goals For Goals Against

Boro 4 1 1 12 7

Bolton 1 1 4 7 12

Wooooooo Spooky :dodgy::s:P

Yep - you may want to read the OP a little more closely. ;)

I#'m going for a boro win on this, not because of our form, not because i think we're the better team because.......

There doesn't appear to be any records/goal draught's/fate things to be proved/broken

On this fact alone I'm going for a easy 3-0 boro win.

Well, there is the small matter of our 4-game unbeaten run. That said, my confidence is based on the fact we made relatively light work of Hull, who ought to have posed a much sterner test.

If the same Boro turn up on Saturday, I can't see why we shouldn't extend our run to 5 games, especially as Bolton are in transition at the moment.