oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Bolton Wanderers

I think we will need to be wary of the new boss factor - lets hope that the player selected are still in the belief that they are too good for this league as seems to be their problem so far.

I think we have it in us to beat them - another clean sheet would be nice too. I'm going 2-1 with us conceding late and stretching nerves to the maximum - as always

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I feel like Bolton are a bogey team and I have a bad feeling that all the positivity may come crashing back down. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm going to go for 0-1.

They should be by all accounts our sternest test so far this season due to their previous PL status but that can go against them as it takes a while to find your feet in this division but at this stage of the season those who will be in the mix start to show them selves and I know that we can give them a good game and well we all know now that Mogga is asking for a shoot on sight policy which can work great dividends.

Am not afraid of Bolton!

And yes I am determined to keep positivity going!

I feel like Bolton are a bogey team and I have a bad feeling that all the positivity may come crashing back down. Hopefully I'm wrong but I'm going to go for 0-1.

bogey team? but we beat them for our first ever piece of silverware?!?!?!

:D:D:D:D:D

Hi there, I'm from a Bolton Wanderers forum called Burnden Aces. We run a Q&A feature where we get the views of opposition fans ahead of games. If you would like to take part, just answer the questions below:

Middlesbrough currently occupy 3rd place on the Championship. How has your season been so far?

With your good start to the season, is promotion a strong possibility?

Bolton appointed Dougie Freedman as their manager on Thursday following Owen Coyle's sacking. Do you rate Freedman as a manager?

Do you think Bolton can recover from a poor start to the season and gain promotion under their new manager?

Who has been Boro's most dangerous player so far this season?

Which Bolton player do you think Tony Mowbray will be earmarking as a potential threat to the Boro net?

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Riverside on Saturday?

Middlesbrough currently occupy 3rd place on the Championship. How has your season been so far?

Quite frankly I don't think we've started half as well as we did last season, I think our good run of form is either just beginning or yet to come, but you can't complain with 3rd.

Like I said I think we still have some better football to play, so I'd be surprised if we weren't hanging around the play offs at the end of the season. I wouldn't say actual promotion is a 'strong' possibility though, but it is possible.

Bolton appointed Dougie Freedman as their manager on Thursday following Owen Coyle's sacking. Do you rate Freedman as a manager?

I don't have much to go on here so I won't pretend I'm an expert. Obviously this is only his second job, but he has performed well enough as Palace manager, so he can certainly do a job with the new squad at his disposal. His appointment could certainly go either way.

Do you think Bolton can recover from a poor start to the season and gain promotion under their new manager?

I don't think Bolton will be straight back up this season after this start, but you can certainly recover and I imagine Bolton will be participating in the play-offs this season.

It might seem very odd to name a defender in response to this question, but I think our most attacking threat comes from George Friend surprisingly. If we can get Jutkiewicz going for a good run of games, I'm sure my answer could change over the course of the season.

Which Bolton player do you think Tony Mowbray will be earmarking as a potential threat to the Boro net?

I imagine Kevin Davies, very experienced and has already bagged a few despite Bolton's form up to now.

And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Riverside on Saturday?

I struggle to predict games for us this season anymore, it always seems like anything could happen. I'll go 2-1 Boro though.

Good luck for the remainder of the season. :D

Our season has been steady yet unimpressive at the same time as before we won our last 3 games it was looking like a promotion challenge was off the cards for the moment with us carrying so many key injurys that have really limited us, especially scoring and creating goals. But lately we have got Reach, Emnes and Miller back fit and we are looking far more capable going forward. Emnes's return has helped us the most as he is key to how we attack as we need him dropping back into midfield to build up attacks.

Promotion is a strong possibility IF we can keep in the mix by January as we are without Rhys Williams and Mustapha Carayol untill then who are key to us. Our depth in wide midfield is our biggest worry for a promotion charge as the only quality attacking players we have are Reach and Carayol, with latter out untill January so we have been using CM's or Haroun to fill in which it limits us going forward compared to Carayol. Mowbray has said recently that he would ideally like another Carayol-type player to add depth so hopefully in January we can add the much needed depth for a storming finish to the season.

Freedman has done nothing spectacular to make me think he will set the place alight but he is taking over a good solid squad so he has a good foundation to work from so it is a great chance for him to prove himself with a better squad than he had at Crystal Palace.

Bolton are in a false position just like Freedman has Crystal Palace in a false position as if he kept there then the highest they'd have finished would have been mid-table so he made the right decision to jump ship. Even had Bolton kept Coyle then in sure they'd have been in and around the play-off/automatic promotion mix come the end of the season so Freedman is coming it at the right time as Bolton fans will be easy on him and give him a chance to prove himself with a squad better than you's are positioned.

There isn't a single player that has stood out this season as our most dangerous. We dont have a player that has been banging in all the goals for us but we have got goals from all over the field with 15 different goal scorers this season as Mowbray has assembled a squad that has goals from all over the field. If the question was rephrased as our best performer id say our goalkeeper Jason Steele who has been Premier League quality all season with winning us crucial points.

Mowbray will probably think your biggest threat will be from Mark Davies or Chris Eagles as they are both tidy technical players who Mowbray would love to have in his team.

Im feeling optimistic about the game so will say 2-0 to Boro. The main reason for the optimism is that your defence isn't mobile and Emnes and Miller will have plenty of joy running at them and getting in behind. Matt Mills in particular, from the little ive seen of him is slow and will really struggle. Also whenever an opposing fan visits here we always seem to win so I am feeling more confident now so thankyou :p

didnt start that well, certainly not as well as last season (undeaten for a few months) was abit patchy to start, especially our away form at the start, but now with three wins off the bounce and things look like they're turning round for us i we can keep it up of course.

definately, nothing more than a possibility right now though, theres still over three quarters of the season to go yet, but with both Rhys Williams and muzzy carayol back in january will be like two new signings for us and hopefully can push us into the automatic spots, that would be nice but i can see us finishing in the play-offs this year, i would deem that a successfull season.

don't really know much about the guy but i know i he has inherited a strong team who he could easily push up the division and take credit for.

yes

if you say dangerous then probably one of Friend or Jutkiewicz, luckily for you jutkiewicz is out injured for four or five weeks just as he was hitting goalscoring form (4 in 4), on his day emnes can be outstanding also.

as for Key player, Jason Steele without a doubt, gonna put a big call out there and claim him to be the best keeper in this league, at least on his recent form, he's pulled out some worldies this season and saved us some massive points.

Kevin Davies, already banged a few in this season, then you've also got the likes of petrov and eagles who can also find the net

not gonna predict a score but i'm going for a boro win, think this game will come too soon or the new manager to get to know the way his players are best suited as a TEAM

not sure about freedman, on the face of it hes done really well to improve palaces position whilst cutting costs , hes signed a couple of great players aswell so thats promising, but hes had some great youth players coming through and without those it may be a different story

Be good to get some Bolton feedback on what you think of us rather than us providing all the info...

I reckon you have a good chance of promotion, though I think it would be through the play-offs.

Hi bwfcbob - always nice to get opposition fans on here to hear their views. Be nice if you could tell us how the Bolton fans in general are feeling about this game.

Probably not as good as we would have hoped at the start of the season, given all the new signings and pre-season optimism. Our season has been distinctly average until our recent unbeaten run, which has seen us shoot up the table. It could be that the players are starting to gel, or that Mowbray has worked out some effective tactics/formations...or it could be a bit of both. Still, as others have said, can't really complain at being 3rd.

If you'd asked a few weeks ago, I'd have said promotion by any route was unlikely...now though, if we can keep getting the results as we have been doing lately, I reckon we're a good bet for a top 6 finish.

Can't say I know much about Freedman, but he was doing a great job at Palace. Still don't understand why he left, other than something must've been very wrong for him to leave team he was doing well with, for one that was/is struggling. Seems to know his stuff though and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he manages to turn your season around.

Well, its mathematically possible, but a new manager usually likes to shake up the squad, which takes time. Its a pretty tight league and you could still make a top 6 finish, but I wouldn't be too disappointed with a top 10 finish. Rebuilding takes time.

Hard to say really, as so many have been a*** the goals (15 different scorers so far), but Marvin Emnes has been pretty handy and is our joint top scorer, along with Jutkiewicz.

Depending on who's available, I'd say Kevin Davies, Jay Simpson, Chris Eagles and Martin Petrov.

I'm going for a 2-1 win for Boro and hoping our defence stays tight and that we don't concede a last minute equaliser as Wolves did. Won't be too disappointed with a draw though.