oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Bolton Wanderers

Steele-6. Good game not too much to do, conceded one but it was a good finish although he could possibly have done more.

I'm really impressed with how Steele is developing, the amount of confidence he's gained and the backing he's got now is great. I remember him in the Gazette early last season saying how much hate he was getting effecting his family - now we all love him

Parnaby- 6. Solid densively good going forward, put crosses in got back to make tackles. Solid performance.

Had a quality game, him and Ledesma connected well. He failed to get himself back into defence a couple of times though and Leadbitter had to come back unlike if we had Hoyte he would have already been there and back.

Bikey- 7. Nice touch, control and pass as per usual. Not much got pastim and he did a great job mashaling the defence.

Guy's just a tank, he's a good command in defence but almost cost us a goal when he slipped but can't really blame him for that. He does however need to be aware of his anger as he was stamping around after he slipped - Could have cost him a card. I'm sure he has a history of gaining cards for it.

Hines-5. Avrag game from him won a few headers but quite a few stray passes.

I can't really say much about Hines today, he did win a few headers but most of the game he stayed unnoticed

Friend- 6 Once again one of our best going forward but was great defensively too. Dont thing he was left on his trailin someon once this game.

Think when you say who's boro best attacking players are Friend has to be in there suprisingly, doesn't have bags of pace but he's always in a good position working up. Had a few good runs and worked well with Haroun up the wing, created a couple of chances too.

Haroun- 6. Good passes at times,but he needed to get his head up more before he makes a pass. His own legs got in the way at times, a bit like bambi.

Spaghetti leg syndrome - I've noticed this alot with Haroun he just cant keep up with his legs, think he had a solid game

Mcheacran-7. Kept things ticking over well, not many stary passes at all and a great through ball every now and then.

Disagree with this rating, he stumbled around alot second half and let players past him too often, strung together a handful of passes but his tackling wasn't upto scratch

Leadbitter-7. One of his better games, he was making tackles and keeping the passes going forward. Very Robson-esque today.

My friend said the same thing, except Robson knew how to pass forward. Yes we're keeping posession but you've got to create the attack from square one again and that let him down a little today.

Reach-5. HE gave us a bit of a forward thrust but his dribbles often failed and he balloned a couple of shots.

Awful game today for him, he couldn't lift the ball up - Poor corner and kept running straight into players

Miller-4. Poor at holding up the ball, picking a pass, and unleashing a shot. 2 great oppurtunities missed, one header where it would have been harder to miss.

I don't see what other people see in him, he's got the strength but nothing to follow up with. He missed a sitter today and Tuesday, He's clumsy and quickly becoming irritating to me.

Emnes- 6. Buzzed about a bit and often came through a knot of Bolton players with the ball, didnt really have long enough to impose himself on the game.

Didn't have enough time to really adept to the game but had a couple of shouts from long range, probs Mogga telling him if he doesn't shoot he won't score again, looked confident taking on a wall of players. Maybe if he didn't get injured he would have replaced Miller and Ledesma him

Mcdonald- 8. Two goals, great performance. HIs movement was great and so wass his vision. Hard working as usual and added some much needed directness.

Should have been on from the start, quality game - Got a little worried when he hombled off but seconds later he was sprinting about like he was on the sherbet

Ledesma-5. Quite a few poor balls, however he was in some very promsing positions, just didn't recieve the ball

More noteably he got two very very good slide tackles in that otherwise would have been very dangerous for us

I added my reply in Bold ^..Also Predicted 2-1 at Walkabout -Two predictions i got right. I should put a bet on if i knew what the hell i was doing.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Steele- 6.5 - Didnt have much to do but what he done he done well.

Parnaby- 7- Solid defensively and good in possession.

Bikey- 7 - Typical Bikey performance; strong defensively but made one horrible mistake to let Lee Chung-yong through(just remembered it now lol)

Hines- 6.5 - Steady performance and was far more solid and assured than against Hull.

Friend- 7 - Solid defensively exept. Also linked up well with Haroun and McEachran going forward.

Reach- 5 - Awful game. Delivery was consistently to short. I can see him getting a rest for a game or two to take the pressure off him.

Leadbitter- 8 - Typical Leadbitter performance, solid in defensively and his decision making with his passes was brilliant. The most pleasing thing was his long diagonals into Haroun which where brilliant.

McEachran- 8 - Very tidy with the ball thorughout and made the right decisions with his passing. He brings the best out of Friend as he tends to sit back when Friend bombs forward.

Haroun- 7 -Hardworking throughout and his footwork was better today but he should have scored at least one maybe more.

Miller- 7- Handful all game and was key in us playing more direct today but could and should have scored 3 today so is hard to give him a rating.

Emnes- 6.5 -Was looking sharp till he came off early.

Ledesma- 6 - Didn't play well at all but had one brilliant cross for McDonalds second.

McDonald- 9 - Typical goalscorers goals and was hardworking throughout. MOM easily.

Halliday- Didn't have much of the ball so not right to give a rating.

The thing that pleased me most about our performance was that we were more direct today and Bolton couldn't cope with it. Leadbitter was floating in long diagonals into Haroun which reminded me of Southampton last season who used the same tactic to supply Guly Do Prado. It was a solid team performance where everybody knew what their job was and it was clear that all the players are highly motivated as they were desperate to get the win and where putting every last bit of effort they had, especially towards the end where they were playing as if it was a cup final. We played them off the park all game and we could have easily scored 4 or 5.

especially towards the end where they were playing as if it was a cup final. We played them off the park all game and we could have easily scored 4 or 5.

Think it should have been 4 if it went our way, The atmosphere was great too. Am i right in thinking i heard someone say 18k attendance today?

especially towards the end where they were playing as if it was a cup final. We played them off the park all game and we could have easily scored 4 or 5.

Think it should have been 4 if it went our way, The atmosphere was great too. Am i right in thinking i heard someone say 18k attendance today?

According to the BBC the attendance was 16,200.

I loved it at the end when the players where coming off that they were hugging, fist pumping and handslapping each other. Its clear that Mowbray has got a real team spirit going which bodes well for season where were going to have set backs along the way.

While obviously we're on a good run, Mogga's love affair with Miller is getting a bit ridiculous.

"I thought Ish (Miller) was outstanding, probably the best our fans have seen from him so far and he's getting fitter all the time."

Still only a minor negative in a great run of form and a good game today.

Friend is brilliant with our fans after the full time whistle. Definately showing he wants to be captain by leading the clapping to the fans.

The attendance was 16,200 today and everyone of them will be wanting to come back to the Sheffield Wednesday game. Id love to see a 25,000+ attendance to show that the fans are fully behind the team and Mowbray.

Did anybody else at the match today notice that we played more direct today which worked really well?.

Friend is brilliant with our fans after the full time whistle. Definately showing he wants to be captain by leading the clapping to the fans.

The attendance was 16,200 today and everyone of them will be wanting to come back to the Sheffield Wednesday game. Id love to see a 25,000+ attendance to show that the fans are fully behind the team and Mowbray.

Did anybody else at the match today notice that we played more direct today which worked really well?.

I think this is due to attitude and Moggas wanting a shoot on site policy and because you mentioned Friend I have noticed that he naturally wants to attack and for the first time in a long time he has other players in support so yes we are more direct.

Good game glad I went and it would have been good to have seen you p mards before the game:)

I'm just speculating as I haven't seen the team in the flesh since the Leicester game, but it seems the balance of the team is much better. The out and out winger we had, Reach, didn't have a great game, and was subbed at half time, yet it didn't affect our attacking play. I'm glad we've got a system that suits the players at our disposal, with the ability to bring wide more direct players in when available/firing.

Friend is like that at the end of every game, much credit for starting the applauding from the team.

Already got our Sheff Wed tickets, picked them up from the kiosk today. Got 6 mates going were usually it would just be the 2 of us, so naturally more people will be doing the same!

I was impressed by how we made the right decisions to sometimes play it short and build up an attack or to hit it long and get support quickly.

I seen there was a get together but I could get a lift there just before kick off so I kept to that instead of getting having to get a train or bus earlier to go to the get together. I may do another time if there is another one.

And about Reach I think his recent poor form might be down to him playing down the right all game whereas his first few games he was switching from the left and right midfield throughout the game and looked far of a threat.

We have sounded so impressive in these last two home matches. Finally creating chances and everytime we go forward I actually believe we are going to do something.

I never would have believed that we'd have taken 9 points off of Brighton, Hull and Bolton after the international break. Never doubt Mogga. Over the moon tonight lads! Onwards and upwards! UTB!!

The big thing for me today was that at 3:45 today we were reading the age old Boro script...dominate a 'decent' team, they score against the run of play and the new manager sitting in the stands witnesses a win and the run starts.

But today we recovered and stopped it from happening. That for me, is progression