• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Larsson will tear Boro up as will Johnson if he plays. McClean has damaged us before and could do so again. Can't see Middlesbrough winning. Maybe another draw.

luckily johnson is taking a while to get back in the swing of things and mclean is doing what youngsters usually do and taking a step back after exploding onto the scene ala wheater,luke williams ,bennett etc

Fully expecting us to win, as i said in the bolton thread, sunderland are not playing well at all barely getting shots on target and had it not been for fletchers goals, they would be sitting in the relegation zone with the mackems calling for o'neills head.

But they DO have Fletcher, Also not looking that good (still 14th) in the prem > looking quite decent in the championship. Plus they are at home. Imo a draw would be a very good result.

Also put your house on jinky to score.

not sure a draw is on the cards, isnt this to the finish, penas etc

yeah Rich, it needs a result on the night I believe, ET and pens if its a draw.

As for my prediction, mogga will always put out his strongest 11 to win a game, whether thats cup league or whatever. Result....hmmm I can't see anything except a 2-1 Sunderland win, althought if we get an early goal we may have a chance. We had a better chance with emnes fit from his pace on breaks etc.. without him I think we're going to be a bit to slow up front, although ish and skippy seemed to work well together. so who knows :)

CB's are the biggest question to me, I feel bikey should b e rested for this as the last thing we need is for him to give away a penalty. Hines and Woody should start there in my opinion. I'm hoping haroun plays as well as he did against sunderland last year.

[align=center]

sunderlandvboro.png

Date: Tuesday, 30th October 2012

Venue: Stadium of Light

Kick-off: 7:45pm

[/align]

TEAM NEWS

Losing Marvin Emnes to a hamstring strain in the first half of the Bolton game was yet another blow Boro could have done without. He may be fit for this game but it will be touch and go. Similar story with Woodgate, who will also be subject to a late assessment. Zemmama is back in training and could be available but will likely start on the bench if included in the squad.

MATCH PREVIEW

This round of the (Capital One) League Cup sees Boro make a short trip north to face the Mackems on their home turf. While privately most fans (and perhaps the managers and players) will see the league as the top priority this season, a decent cup run never hurts...especially when you get to play Premier League opposition (in status at least ;) ).

In any case, despite the gap in status, Boro should see this as a chance to progress in the competition, with the home side struggling for form, while the visitors are enjoying the sort of form that, if sustained, could see them promoted this season.

Adding some extra spice to what should already be a fiery encounter will be the prospect of facing former Boro players Adam Johnson and Lee Cattermole.

MATCH FACTS

Boro couldn't have hoped for a much better tie. Martin O'Neill has been unable to work his usual magic, so far, with the Black Cats, who currently lie 14th in the Premier League, with 9 points from 8 games and have one of the worst scoring records in the league. Boro, on the other hand, are riding the crest of a wave on the back of 4 successive victories and flying high in 3rd place in the Championship.

Still, its worth bearing in mind that Sunderland are unbeaten at home, so far, while Boro's performances on the road have been decidedly mixed.

BORO AWAY: W3 D0 L3 F7 A10

SUNDERLAND HOME: W1 D2 L0 F3 A2

Head to head

Boro have played Sunderland a total of 142 times, 73 times at home and 69 times away. Of those 69 games, Sunderland have won 39, Boro just 11 and 19 games have ended in draws.

Boro

- Biggest away win against Sunderland was a 3-0 victory in 2005-06.

- Are yet to draw away this season.

-

Sunderland

- Have drawn 6 of their 8 games this season.

- Biggest home wins over Boro were in 1972-73 and 1976-77 (both 4-0 scorelines).

-

Ones to Watch

Sunderland's top scorer this season is Stephen Fletcher with 5 league goals in 7 appearances. Also worth keeping an eye on will be former Man Utd striker Louis Saha, Connor Wickham, Adam Johnson, Jack Colback and former ***nal player Stephane Sessegnon.

big ish has bags of pace to worry the oldies of o'shea and brown, and although maccy isnt the fastest he'll still be faster than the OAP's that are in the sunderland back line and then theres his intelligence, he has a couple of yards over the defenders in his brain.

as for CB's woody isnt back so it has to be bikey and hines, dont see any other options.

i'd like to see this:

steele

parns-bikey-hines-friend

Haroooooon-leadbitter-mceachran-reach

scotty

-------- miller

with leadbitter getting forward into the box often, along with haroun coming in from the other side, i'd try focus our playmakers to be mceachran reach and friend with the right side of the pitch attacking the box more, obviously this wouldnt be on every attack but this allows you to get men in the box and our main creative threats on the ball more often than not

According to SSN Adam Johnson isn't in the team as theres no mention of him at the bottom. Would be good news if its true.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/278709/preview

Even though im going id much rather lose and pick up no key injuries than to win and get a key player injured for a few months. Id like to see us give Miller a rest as he could do with a rest ahead of a packed upcoming fixture list especially as he is currently our only fit physical striker.

its a complete reverse of last year with boro in form and Sunderland arnt so hopeful we can edge a 2-1 win. Reach getting the first goal as they wont expect his longshots.

Yeah cos we won't have had any scouts at your games or owt mate :P

According to SSN Adam Johnson isn't in the team as theres no mention of him at the bottom. Would be good news if its true.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/278709/preview

Even though im going id much rather lose and pick up no key injuries than to win and get a key player injured for a few months. Id like to see us give Miller a rest as he could do with a rest ahead of a packed upcoming fixture list especially as he is currently our only fit physical striker.

No news of injuries to him. Sky just guess with team news tbh anyway. Still no idea what our side will be but I doubt we'll make too many changes.

is Cattermole going to play?

what sort of reception will he get from the Boro fans and the same for Leadbitter with the mackems!

i just think back to this when i think of either of them

look at the tagline! Super Lee Cattermole against some average championship player...bit awkward

Again apologies with the thread merge do not know why it went pear shaped again but I have edited the best I can so that we know it is Hunts M/D thread.

Whilst I really do want Boro to get a shock result...and lets face it there usually are shock results at this stage in the cup I also have another selfish reason for wanting a Boro win and that is because for the first time EVER we have a member who could possibly record 5 league wins on the spin as the M/D originator and though BU has been waiting patiently in the wings for his next turn I do so hope Huntsboro gets the chance to do the Charlton game because his run of results have been tremendous and whilst I am sure it is only coincidence I don't want anything to jinx it either! I know I am a silly sod but hey??

I'm hoping we put in a good performance and either get the win or at least force a replay, to keep our momentum going.

Will go to extra time and pennas no reply Hunts:)