• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all I'm enjoying a nice week off work and after yesterdays VOTE OF CONFIDENCE I have managed to turn it around and won the Championship with Middlesbrough by a modest 3pts.

Anyway after a lengthy transfer window I got given £16,000,000 and sold alot of players raising £23,000,000.

Highlight sales from Rhys Williams - £9,000,000 Emnes £4,800,000 Skippy £3,000,000. I sold 23 Players once promoted so I averaged £1,000,000 per player which is good value considering the ability/value too some of those players.

Players who survived the exodus are

Jason Steele

Jonathen Woodgate

Adam Reach

Richard Smallwood

Cameron Park

Luke Williams

I wanted to tell you whos in my selected 18 for the 1st Premiership season for me on FM2013 so here goes with prices paid/loan

GK. Jason Steele

LB. Jack Robinson (loan)

CB. Kyle Bartley (2.0m)

CB David Weater (1.8m)

RB. Adam Mathews (2.3m)

CM. Victor wanyama (4.6m)

CM. Tom Cairney (1.3m)

CM. Andile Jali (2.6)

ST. Danny Graham (5m)

ST. Wilfred Zaha (4.1m)

ST. David Goodwillie (2m)

SUB1. Jonathan Woodgate

SUB2. Thomas Ince (3m)

SUB3. Oxlaid Chamberlain (Loan) view to buy £15m

SUB4. Ross Barkley (Loan)

SUB5. Josh McEachran (Loan)

SUB6. Tony Watt (1.4m)

SUB7. Rafael Toloi (3m)

Still have 7m too spend I think its enough to just keep me up but I hate doing too well too quickly on these games so I've went easy

So what doo you think? Victor Wanyama and Andile Jali are a very tough pair to dribble round.

How did you manage to hang on to Rhys and then get 9 million when he has a release clause on 6 mil? Did you offer him a new contract at the very beginning of the game?

How did you manage to hang on to Rhys and then get 9 million when he has a release clause on 6 mil? Did you offer him a new contract at the very beginning of the game?

he's incredibly keen to sign a new deal at the start of the game and doesn't ask for much more than hes originally on.

Also. What about finances? If I hadn't sold Rhys I would be in real trouble. I'm in february and I have like 2 million left. Every month there is a 1+ million deficit. I got points deducted in FM12, but is it possible to go to the end of the season with an increasing deficit? I find it hard to offload players, although I've sold Haroun 2.4 and Williams 6 and Arca 95k! And I have only spent 2.8. There just isn't money in the Championship and.

I have bought Äit Fana for 2.4 and Christian Tello from Barca for 400k. Both for the wings.

Also. What about finances? If I hadn't sold Rhys I would be in real trouble. I'm in february and I have like 2 million left. Every month there is a 1+ million deficit. I got points deducted in FM12, but is it possible to go to the end of the season with an increasing deficit? I find it hard to offload players, although I've sold Haroun 2.4 and Williams 6 and Arca 95k! And I have only spent 2.8. There just isn't money in the Championship and.

I have bought Äit Fana for 2.4 and Christian Tello from Barca for 400k. Both for the wings.

I had the same problem with mine, without selling rhys, i spent what money i had and lumped it all on getting promotion which thankfully i did via penalties in the playoff final then got 58m tv revenue

Any chance of a mod moving all these posts over? we all seem to be clogging up Atokous fm story with our own games instead of the football manager thread.

despite pre-ordering this two weeks ago i still can't play it, i cant get on steam in my halls :( going home this weekend so will get it installed there and just play in offline mode

Ye i had the same problem :P

I didnt spend a penny Borodane I sold who I could/get rid of and brought in loans. Rhys signed a 5 year contract with me for the same wages just added goal bonuses and his release clause was in fact 9million in the new contract :( he went too southampton I wanted too keep him but didnt want too pay his £34k a week wages demand.

trick is too sell and loan sell and loan I ended the season with my debts restructured so I had £39,000,000 in the bank after promotion and sale of the whole team but I still have £4,000,000 debt because I too bled money out but not at a rate of £1,000,000 per month :S

BiB my cream is sad for you how are you not crawling the walls to play it?? have to tell you its not as good as last years I.M.O obviously :S

can anyone tell me how too upload a recorded video of a games goals onto here I just bought le fondre and drew ***nal in the fa cup I beat them 5-4 it was simply the best match Ive seen on fm Id like too upload it????????????

This is fairly simple to work around.

In my first season I always spread ANY transfer fees over 4 years. This means that it only takes away a quarter of your transfer budget and you spend a lot less in your first year. Of course the draw back is that you will still be paying for players who probably wont be good enough in 3-4 years time. However, 2.4mil over 4 years means only 600k a year dividing by 12 for a monthly expenditure. You can easily handle this if you're in the premiership.

The other thing to bare in mind is that you'll not get deducted points unless you go properly into debt, like 10-12mil. This is unlikely over one season unless you go crazy with wages, and even if it does, the likelyhood is the debts will be restructured.

I hate spreading the costs over 48 months unless I need too do it for a seriously great player. It takes a long time too create a team that's profit making and competing in the top10 spreading the cost only extends this time

Welcome back to the picturesque city of Middlesbrough for another instalment of my FM13 story with Middlesbrough. I've managed to beg, borrow and steal laptop chargers and managed to get some of the season completed. My last post ended after pre-season and this next episode will cover everything up until the end of the january transfer window.

Transfers:

I only brought in two new players as i had limited funds. A couple of other players were sold/released and Miller's loan was terminated as he asked for it and i had no need what so ever for him.

diskerud.png

Diskerud was brought in for free and is a great addition to the team. He is also very much a signing for the long haul as he should develop into a great player and should be able to compete at the top level or at least be a good back up player.

adryan.png

Adryan is a really promising young Brazilian and for only 850k he is a great steal. Really looking forward to seeing how he turns out :)

After the incredibly busy transfer period, this is how my squad looks:

xmassquadp1.png

xmassquadp2.png

npower Championship:

1sthalfseasonfixturesp1.png

1sthalfseasonfixturesp2.png

Results were generally good but we weren't really dominating matches like i wanted us too. Once i started to figure out the new training system the team started to play much better. I'm hoping the second half of the season will be an improvement and we start to dominate matches.

This is how the table looks in January:

xmastable.png

Capital Once Cup:

coccup.png

I would have liked a cup run but we matched the board's expectations at least :p

FA Cup:

facupxmas.png

We managed to win our game against Millwall thanks to a late goal from Wellington Nem and hopefully we can get a cup run out of the FA cup now that we're out of the COC cup.

Awards:

We managed to pick up a few awards along the way, nothing special but i thought i'd share them even though :)

Finances:

xmasfinances.png

This is where we're really struggling. We're losing money like there's no tomorrow. We really need that promotion....

I know this is a brief post but i hope it keeps you interested :) As always, any comments or questions are greatly appreciated,

Atok