oneBoro Forum

Palace v boro U21s

Just got back from the game at crawley so heres a quick report -dont expect anything powlay esc

Missed the first goal as i got there a couple of minutes late

First 15 mins we passed the ball around really well short sharp passes and only one team init Then we started going longer and our game fell to pieces a bit allowing palace into it .

Fairly even for the rest of the half

Second half palace had had a team talk from holloway and it worked a great save from ripley was follwed up by palace and in of the post , palace went into the lead a few minutes later and were haveing a good spell with a couple of zaha a likes causing a few problems ,

We made a few subs bringing on edwards and jones. Jones really lifted us and everytime he touched the ball the pace of the game increased ,

Last 20 mins we really went for them and there keeper pulled off a good few saves our second goal was a good free kick curled into the bottom corner and with a couple of minutes left a left wing free kick was curled in and a glancing header brought edwards second .

In summary. When we passed it short we looked fantastic but for the half hour we went long we looked ordinary with kneeshaw struggling to fight for high balls with a 6ft4in centre back or tryirng to chase balls smacked over the top. But in the end a fair result and very impressed with burgess and jones

Final score palace 2. Boro 3

Edit third goal was burgess. I thought it was but everyone said it wasnt so i went with the flow

yes edwards with the free kick , i can understand why powlay has problems . the third goal i saw burgess head it in and his family/friends were jumping round like loons , then every report i see says edwards got it so i think i must be wrong !!!!!!!

ps great free kick over the nearside of the wall perfectly into the bottom corner