oneBoro Forum

The never ending speculation story

It may well be a bit soon for this, so if deemed so, feel free to lock the thread until a moe appropriate time.

With little over 7 weeks until the transfer window opens as well as a busy and gruelling December schedule the upcoming weeks will really determine which areas we will need to strengthen.

Obviously we have existing injury concerns which may be looked at first and foremostly but with a few hopefully returning would we be better served to keep the current squad a stable as possible to avoid any negativity around the traps.

I understand that a lot can change between now and the new year, so hust humour me :D

So I ask the following questions:

1) Is there any particular area that requires the most attention?

2) Are there any players that you would look to bring in come January?

3) Do you deem any current player to be surpless to requirements?

4) Are loan signings or permenant signings more likely?

5) How many In's and how many Out's are you expecting?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you looking for a new record posting thread Ollie? lol!!! Hmmmm tempting to lock it until February the first!!

Actually in saying that and I was only joking am sure that this will drift along and gather pace further along the line!

Do not think there will be any incomings whatsoever due to players coming back.

Outgoings McManus (how bad was his injury the other day btw?) Just read his injury not as bad as first thought and he is staying at Bristol to complete recovery time so basically confirms his departure.

Bailey possibly

McDonald poss

Thomson poss

Maybe a couple of the younger lads going out on loan but apart from that then stay as is unless we are in such a good position at the end of January and the attendance has shot up then if Mogga feels an additional player is needed to sustain the run in then maybe an arrival.

However still feel nothing much will happen

I think a defender for depth and a Striker to use instead of Miller would be good. I know we have plenty of strikers but Miller should never play for Boro again.

1st priority is holding Emnes and Steele. McDonald could be an issue but lets cross that bridge later.

Hmm,

outgoings:

McManus (injury isn't a cruciate and should still be on for his departure),

McDonald (probs on his current form)

I'd like to see Loan Outs :

Main

Wyke

Brobel

Burgess

Smallwood

Park

Halliday

Pillatos

(basically all the youngsters that are either ready for first team or on the fringes but have no chance of getting game time when all are fit)

Loan Ins:

In:

Striker to replace skippy (unless we rely on Main)

Right Winger

I think a defender for depth and a Striker to use instead of Miller would be good. I know we have plenty of strikers but Miller should never play for Boro again.

1st priority is holding Emnes and Steele. McDonald could be an issue but lets cross that bridge later.

Not really the place to discuss current players BUT will question you Tanksie about your comments regarding Miller. He is getting better and I think he does offer us something at the moment so for me I am ok seeing him play for boro again:)

Oh ps I did edit your remark after McDonald!

Why should Miller never play for us again?

Not really the place to discuss current players BUT will question you Tanksie about your comments regarding Miller. He is getting better and I think he does offer us something at the moment so for me I am ok seeing him play for boro again:)

Oh ps I did edit your remark after McDonald!

Nicely done DS it was a bit............ well wrong!

with the exeption of mcmanus i dont think anything will happen , we have williams and carayol to come in and they will be like 2 new signings .

once we have them i think we are strong everywhere .

and i dont think well risk selling mcdonald if he still scoring. mcdonald has scored as many in 6 games as rohdes has in double that and he cost 8mill so even if we save mcdonalds wages itll cost us a fortune to replace him

it could be a very quite one for us

If we bring anyone in I think it'd be another wide player, Mogga has said before he'd like another Carayol-type guy so we've got some cover out wide.

Don't think we'll see much activity at all though.

Well when you keep hearing that Mogga is getting rid of high earners you can't help but feel that Bailey/McDonald will be off if Boro get a decent price.

McManus to Bristol City possibly,they had their chance before the last window closed but chose to leave him at Boro (why).Perhaps they just want him on loan, although him staying there for the next 6 weeks recouperating kinda change's that thought a little.They may actually have the money for the complete deal after all. :rolleyes:

I would like to see both Bailey and McDonald stay,they both work well with the rest of the players and newbies take time to fit in.

Like TP says why change something that is working.

In- More centre mids, we are really lacking in this area.

Yes! And more injury prone players too please!

more injury prone centre midfielders then we wouldnt have too many