oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Air Resistance

Ben Gibson

Does anyone have any info on how he has got on at tranmere? And when he is due to come back.

Seems to be our most promising young defender and hopefully he can get some games in the 2nd half of the season wherever he is.

He has been fantastic and last weeks game was the first he has missed since being there.

HE was due back in Jan, but looks like he will be returning sooner because of an injury

I know a Tranmere supporter who says he has been easily their best defender and has looked like a leader aswell.

Tranmere actually have quite a lot of loans expiring shortly and are really worried about losing them. Expect to see them deep out of the top two in that division very quickly into the new year.

Tranmere's my second club, and living in Mersey-side I go to a lot of games. He has been their best defender holding it all together and commanding it. He has a great partnership with Ash Taylor and he has played every game (barring a cup game) before the injury. I'd much rather see him at centre-back instead of Bikey.

Tranmere's my second club, and living in Mersey-side I go to a lot of games. He has been their best defender holding it all together and commanding it. He has a great partnership with Ash Taylor and he has played every game (barring a cup game) before the injury. I'd much rather see him at centre-back instead of Bikey.

Interesting. Cheers for that mini write up honeywell.

The official club site have today announced Gibson has signed a new 4 year deal with the club.

Great news, except its old news, talk about delaying news for quiet times. This was announced in the match day programme on sept 29th next to the Adam Reach contract news. I read it that afternoon and tweeted it then.

It's great to see Mowbray getting our best youngsters signed up on long term deals, avoiding the terrible mistakes of Southgate selling them for peanuts. Is there any news on whether Ripley is getting an extension?. He comes across as Boro through and through on twitter so im really hoping hes thought good enough to get a new deal.

It's probably best then as he could be pushing for a first team place next season or in 2 years once he get's game time/experience as it sounds like the coach's and Mowbray rate him very highly.