oneBoro Forum

Bruno Pilatos released

Last time I saw him he was on crutches.

Was it a career ending injury ? or is that just part of the story ?

I suspect it will emerge in due course but there have been one or two remarks about a bad attitude. The club will not want to air this publicly if it is the case. However this may just be people putting 2 and 2 together and making any number from one to 9.

he broke his leg vs fulham, he is recovering from that injury.

I dont know the details, and im not going to guess at them.

Good luck to the lad, last season he really shot on as a player.

I seem to remember seeing something about his lack of consistancy, blowing hot and cold, blinder one week shocker the next. His positional awareness was terrible apparently, also heard something about him thinking he had made it/was something special (ala Porritt) so maybe attitude had something to do with it

Good luck to him, I hope he gets something sorted soon but the reason he left Boro was because of his partying in the clubs of Newcastle and acting as though he had made it.

Let's hope he has learnt from his mistake and that this gives him the kick up the arris that he may need.

Good luck to him, I hope he gets something sorted soon but the reason he left Boro was because of his partying in the clubs of Newcastle and acting as though he had made it.

Let's hope he has learnt from his mistake and that this gives him the kick up the arris that he may need.

That's sad, but if doesn't surprise me. You have to question whether these young players realise the opportunity they have at their feet, you can tell by a lot of tweets from young players that they believe they have already made it without even making the first team.

You have to question to a degree our role in this also, from memory its happened to a fair few players that are successes. Do they get much support/counseling/guidance on this before it gets too late? I know they are kids and highly impressionable by fame/media/"friends" etc.. but surely they need a support structure around them to help combat these?

Obviously I'm talking without any experience or knowledge of the setup we have from the psychological aspects....

I know the money is far greater but there have always been youngsters who presume they have made it and who take their foot off the peddle, and stop improving and growing as players. It was no different when some were just on YTS.

The drop out rate for youngsters coming through the ranks has always beem huge and usually this is nothing to do with their natural skills but more to do with their mental application and sheer determination. But if they were to hit the first team without that mental strength they would not last 5 minutes infront of a large crowd. However good our academy is you can't make players want to suceed above all else and be willing to sacrifice everthing to do this but this is what a sucessful player needs.

That's sad, but if doesn't surprise me. You have to question whether these young players realise the opportunity they have at their feet, you can tell by a lot of tweets from young players that they believe they have already made it without even making the first team.

I was an apprentice with guys that went off the rails at 17. Had nothing to do with money or football just being 17