Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nope. Terrible idea for so many reasons;

- all the good work he has already done

- financial implications that come with getting rid

- he didn't become a bad manager overnight

- finding a replacement

- no time for the replacement to truly implement his ideas

- we're still well placed, and, ultimately, it's the positives from Mogga's management skills that got us there

- he knows the players, pros and cons

- he's the right man to continue to deal with the wage bill etc

- yes, we're on a bad run, but overall there has definitely been a steady improvement during his tenure

I could go on and on and on and on. Just - seriously - think that anyone who thinks now would be the right time to sack him have lost their freaking mind. I think he should only truly be judged in terms of his capabilities in doing the job come the end of the 13/14 season if we're still not making the playoffs or better, or, perhaps, if we don't come at all close this season.

- he know the players, pros and cons

Hmm... Err... Umm...

Not so sure about this one... :D

Also, just because a manager does a lot of good work doesn't make him immune, look at Adkins.

No.

How can he have gone as far as he can take us? He is the same manager we have had in charge all season to get us into this position and beat the teams we've beat. Surely if he's taken us as far as he can then we would have been losing like this all season?

Nope. Terrible idea for so many reasons;

- all the good work he has already done

- financial implications that come with getting rid

- he didn't become a bad manager overnight

- finding a replacement

- no time for the replacement to truly implement his ideas

- we're still well placed, and, ultimately, it's the positives from Mogga's management skills that got us there

- he's the right man to continue to deal with the wage bill etc

- yes, we're on a bad run, but overall there has definitely been a steady improvement during his tenure

I could go on and on and on and on. Just - seriously - think that anyone who thinks now would be the right time to sack him have lost their freaking mind. I think he should only truly be judged in terms of his capabilities in doing the job come the end of the 13/14 season if we're still not making the playoffs or better, or, perhaps, if we don't come at all close this season.

I think from all of this 2plus2 definitely equals 4

Hmm... Err... Umm...

Also, just because a manager does a lot of good work doesn't make him immune, look at Adkins.

Did you think Adkins getting sacked was the right decision?

Hmm... Err... Umm...

Not for one second doubting that he has made mistakes, there are flaws to his tactics and that there are things that from the outside come across as crucial factors that he seems to be overlooking / not noticing. Obviously, that's not good. But there are loads of positives to take from his ability as a manager too. Loads. I won't stick in the 'nobody's perfect' argument because I know that's annoying, but there's always room to improve / right the wrongs.

Faults aside, there is no doubt in my mind that he has done more then enough 10 times over to justify keeping his job for quite some time yet.

Hmm... Err... Umm...

Did you think Adkins getting sacked was the right decision?

Nope. I don't think sacking Mowbray/him leaving right now is the correct one either. As I have made clear many times tonight, only if the slump continues something has to happen.

That something doesn't even need to be him leaving, it could just be him coming out, cutting the bull*** and giving it to us plain and simple. Tell us what's going wrong, what's happened for this to happen. Quit with this "bad luck" nonsense etc...

Even if we finish mid-table this year I'd still be happy for him to be in charge next year as we're still a side in transition so I look beyond the results and see that he needs time to get players out and the resources to get his type of players in.

He will most likely still have McDonald raking in his £35,000+ a week so he'll still be restricted to some extent. But everybody else will be his player/signings. Also in that time our youngster would have developed more so we'll naturally become a better team.

He will most likely still have McDonald raking in his £35,000+ a week so he'll still be restricted to some extent. But everybody else will be his player/signings. Also in that time our youngster would have developed more so we'll naturally become a better team.

Seems as if it would be cheaper to do a Thommo with Skippy imo!:-/