oneBoro Forum

Mogga...the discussion!

Firing TM at this point would pose a huge threat to our future. Lets not forget he's had little to no money to work with, tight salary restrictions as well. How many 'top class' managers accept jobs with this description?

Your fooling yourself if you think this is a job where we'd have top class managers lining up for it.

Also lets not forget the fickle idiots up the road and how their constant demands for manager sackings and Hanges of the board left them in a position where they were swapping managers and they had to throw big money at the problem to get out of trouble. If we don't go up this season throwing money at the team will not be an option.

In my mind this season is about laying the foundation for future success. Reducing our wage bill is costing us the chances to sign new players but ultimately there Is always the risk of us splashing the cash now and still not bein promoted. As a businessman I'm sure that Gibson didn't make his money by taking huge risks. The financial well being of he club must come first.

Please don't get me wrong I don't believe it's the plan to not go up this season I just think TM and Gibson are making sure there is a contingency plan in place.

Also we should be thinking about the fact that under TM we are able to score more than one goal a game and that going 1 goal down doesn't automatically mean we will lose. The team does fight back and do pull goals back that's got to count for something!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i couldn't disagree more with the people calling for Mogga to go...absolutely bonkers!! yes we have had some shocking results but all team go through that. we are still in a strong position and i am sure if last august someone had said you will be in the play off positions in mid feb the majority of us would have snatched that up!

Mogga has done an amazing job of trying to rectify the last 5 years of mis management and compared to where we were when he took over....well its a minor miracle with the funds he has had at his disposal.

Keep on fighting lads, I have every faith that we will finish the season strongly...better the have the blip now rather than in april/may!

IN MOGGA WE TRUST!!!!

i couldn't disagree more with the people calling for Mogga to go...absolutely bonkers!! yes we have had some shocking results but all team go through that. we are still in a strong position and i am sure if last august someone had said you will be in the play off positions in mid feb the majority of us would have snatched that up!

Mogga has done an amazing job of trying to rectify the last 5 years of mis management and compared to where we were when he took over....well its a minor miracle with the funds he has had at his disposal.

Keep on fighting lads, I have every faith that we will finish the season strongly...better the have the blip now rather than in april/may!

IN MOGGA WE TRUST!!!!

I agree with all your points Ollie, I don't think Mogga should be sacked even Boro we get no more wins this season, but the point about us taking this position if offered it probably wont be valid when Leeds knock Boro out of the top 6 next week.

Don't beat leeds at the best of times, so how about the worst

Not a chance should he be sacked or in my opinion should we as fans be considering him for the sack. Were going through a really bad patch, it happens but were still in with a chance of the play offs if our form can return. If we were looking at a relegation fight then a managers position can be question but were not. Mogga runs the playing side on a shoe string budget, the least resourced financially compared to any other team around us. Keep the faith boys

I wish that AV would put some of the excellent points he raises in his to Mogga and Gibbo, rather than swallowing his principles to contribute to the PR sh*te the Gazette tends to focus on.. Come Monday, the articles will be.. Unlucky, Player trotted out saying disappointed same player saying we can still get promoted..

Not a chance should he be sacked or in my opinion should we as fans be considering him for the sack. Were going through a really bad patch, it happens but were still in with a chance of the play offs if our form can return. If we were looking at a relegation fight then a managers position can be question but were not. Mogga runs the playing side on a shoe string budget, the least resourced financially compared to any other team around us. Keep the faith boys

Totally agree Donny.... In the background though, Gibbo should be reading the riot act, to find out why this is happening and seeing what support Mogga might need to get it back on track...

I years to come we'll look back on this run and laugh about it :-/

Firing TM at this point would pose a huge threat to our future. Lets not forget he's had little to no money to work with, tight salary restrictions as well. How many 'top class' managers accept jobs with this description?

Your fooling yourself if you think this is a job where we'd have top class managers lining up for it.

Also lets not forget the fickle idiots up the road and how their constant demands for manager sackings and Hanges of the board left them in a position where they were swapping managers and they had to throw big money at the problem to get out of trouble. If we don't go up this season throwing money at the team will not be an option.

In my mind this season is about laying the foundation for future success. Reducing our wage bill is costing us the chances to sign new players but ultimately there Is always the risk of us splashing the cash now and still not bein promoted. As a businessman I'm sure that Gibson didn't make his money by taking huge risks. The financial well being of he club must come first.

Please don't get me wrong I don't believe it's the plan to not go up this season I just think TM and Gibson are making sure there is a contingency plan in place.

Also we should be thinking about the fact that under TM we are able to score more than one goal a game and that going 1 goal down doesn't automatically mean we will lose. The team does fight back and do pull goals back that's got to count for something!

cracking post. Only thing I will add is that people calling for moggas head are exactly what's wrong with football these days. Look at wolves, forest, Blackburn etc... You want to turn into these teams where fans just become disallusioned with the whole club due to managerial changes?! We are 6 points off automatic promotion. You think just cause Brighton aren't in the playoffs they should sack zola?

wake up fools, id sooner see a 7th placed and keep moggas every day of the week.

To many dreamers on this forum believe that Boro should be fighting for a spot in the PL ,and because we are'nt its the managers fault.

Personally I look at the club and the present squad and think we are lucky to have Mogga.

I don't agree with a lot of his decisions and tactics but then again I don't know what is going on behind the scenes that causes him to make them.

At this present moment he is happy with things but there may come a time when he decides that its time to move on.

January said it all in my books,we are and will always be a decent championship club that cannot compete with the money clubs.

Imagine for one minute how Mogga must have felt not being able to strengthen his squad because he could'nt afford the players he wanted.

OK now and again we may have the odd good cup run or go undefeated for a while but thats it I am afraid.

Welcome to the MFC, welcome to reality.

Mogga does tinker with team selections and tactics too much but he has his hands tied by the tight budget he has, I think it shows a lack of ambition to not bring in any new faces in January to brighten things up, I know we got dyer but after yesterday's performance he isn't going to change much, we only signed juke last year and we have the same scenario, everyone else has improved their teams and we get left behind!

Well it was worthwhile opening this thread because it shows clearly that there is overwhelming support and understanding regarding Tony Mowbray and actually there has not been a single call for his head.

The reason for this was to air views and to stop match day threads turning into a witch hunt following a defeat.

Lets face it it has been a ride so far this season and still a fair way to go!

Well it was worthwhile opening this thread because it shows clearly that there is overwhelming support and understanding regarding Tony Mowbray and actually there has not been a single call for his head.

The reason for this was to air views and to stop match day threads turning into a witch hunt following a defeat.

Lets face it it has been a ride so far this season and still a fair way to go!

DS theres witch hunts and witch hunts... although I must admit mogga does look more like a large goblin than a witch..

Matchday threads are more emotional and letting off steam.. the disappointment comes to the fore....

This treat means people have had time to consider the situation and reflect.... I agree with you though that its good to still find such solid support for mogga... if only he'd reciprocate by implementing some of the things we're telling him he needs to do!!!!

wake up fools, id sooner see a 7th placed and keep moggas every day of the week.

Classic comment, made me laugh. I really hope Gibbo doesn't share your ambitions.

Mogga proved last season that he had a squad capable of promotion, by having us in an Automatic spot halfway through the season. Then the purchase of Juke followed by tactics of corner flag positioning of our strikers (a***st other questionable decisions) saw us slip to a 7th place finish (progress in the eyes of some).

This season again Mogga proves the squad is capable of promotion at the halfway point, yet ground hog day seems to be striking.

Happy with a 7th placed finish? Not the 'progress' I'd be looking for.

Hiding behind the not his squad, trimming the wage bill, and lack of funds, to keep him from criticism is only kidding yourselves that he's failing.

Goals get you out of this league, and I'm of the opinion that Mogga has an inability to spot a decent striker.

Miller - was reportedly on £20K+ a week at Forest, I can't see them contributing anywhere near 50% so we must be paying £10K+. This could have been used much better.

Emnes - flash in the pan season, where Mogga has now failed to motivate or coach him into any form. I treat Emnes as a Mogga signing, as he signed him up on a new contract and apparently rejected £million+ bids.

Juke - signed for a fee rising to £2 million. The guy is a handy industrious player, but 20 goals a season he'll never be until he drops down to league 1/2.

Skippy - the only striker in the squad that looks capable of 20+ goals, comes off the back of a decent pre-season for Mogga to freeze him out for 2/3 months.

Better options have been available, yet Mogga is either to inept to identify them or too stubborn to change.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I can't see us getting out of this league with Mowbray in charge.

I think Mowbray needs to take a long, hard look at himself and acknowledge that his current methods simply aren't working.

I don't think he can keep using our injury problems as an excuse...we've had them for most of the season.

I think he needs to start using players in their best positions, formations that allow them to produce their best and maybe...just maybe...name the same team for more than 1 match in a row (injuries permitting) to try and build some team spirit/cohesiveness.

If this means relying more on youth players, so be it. We're still well placed in the table so its not like they have to cope with the pressure of a relegation struggle.

In a situation like this you can either change the team or you can change the manager. Given our financial situation, I'd say its more likely Mowbray will leave. I don't want to see him go, but unless he comes up with a fairly radical new approach and gets us heading in the right direction very soon, I'd say he is on borrowed time.

If Leeds beat us, I expect the pressure to be ramped up another notch. With 2 tough away games at Palace and Burnley to follow, that could be another 3 games without a win. Next up are Millwall at the Riverside.

In a nutshell, there are no easy games on the horizon, so the management...and players...have to collectively get their acts together if they want to maintain a promotion push.

My prediction: if we haven't recorded a win by the final whistle of the Millwall game, I think we will be looking at a change of manager.

I dont think any of us want Tony to go ,,,, the recent results are disappointing ,,, but i think what most people dont get is why he plays players out of position ,, and why his formations leave most of us puzzled ,, and like i said the recent results are crap what makes them hurt more is the performances,,, . For me Tony isnt to blame its Steve Gibson ,, hes give tony a chicken drum stick and told him to make a curry to feed a family of 6 [ sorry cant be done ] :) . I get that money is tight but we NEED to make money available for TM to bring in the players he really wants ,,, as i hope the Dyer thing was done out of a moment of madness . We all know that there was plenty of players available either on loan or on a free and all of them better than dyer ,,, now is this TM just not looking or has he been told not to bother ,we dont know why. But i hope SG will see how fast the gates are dropping and do something before its too late.