1. 1. Result

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Palace fan here, I always like to see what opposition fans think of the games and I can see understandably people on here aren't exactly pleased! We haven't been too bad in our recent dip in form it was mainly down to our squad being a bit small, so I don't know if you've being playing well this year and had a bit of bad luck or just been poor? Either way, this was always going to be a tough game for you today, we've only failed to win 6 at home this season and 2 were with 10 men, 3 we conceded last minute equalisers and 1 was Bolton (Freedman factor!) There are a few things you need to do against us and unfortunately the team was set up to do the opposite!

Jedinak and KG have dominated every midfield we've played when they're both in the side and for that reason you have to attack our wings. McEachran is clearly not a wide midfielder and Haroun saw very little of the ball, Carayol looked decent but wasn't supported.

Double up on Zaha. Ok so it didn't work for the first goal and he does still beat 2 quite often but leaving the full backs isolated against him at times was suicide.

Defend high up the park. You have to squeeze our midfield into a small space to crowd them out and stop Dobbie and Williams doing damage. With Rhys Williams in midfield he naturally sat deep with the back 4 dropping back as a result which was why SD and JW were able to create danger.

Play a CB whose strong in the air against Murray. Otherwise he reads the ball quickly and is able to position himself to bring the ball down or lay it off. This started attack after attack whereas balls up to him against Bolton were just sent straight back by Zat Knight.

I really think if the team had been set up differently it could have been a different match. We may have still won who knows but you really weren't given a chance by playing into our hands. Considering the limited number of attacks you created a few chances and got the goal so there are some positives, I'd just write this one off and worry about Burnley.

Anyway best of luck for the rest of the season, I think if you can get a bit of mettle in the centre of the park and get back to retaining the ball better you can still hold off the teams pushing for the play-offs and then you never know!

Thanks for the honest appraisal Palacematt and I can not argue with anything you said indeed you have hit the nail on the head because earlier in the season our ball retention was good and the midfield playing much better than of late.

Seemingly lately our tactics have simply played into our oppenants hands and so many see that save the Manager and players

Nice to hear from you Palacematt.

Quite a few of us were able to watch on TV and your description pretty much tallies with what we saw.

Our biggest problems right now are a mix of injuries, players being used out of position and a major lack of confidence/morale. Plus Mowbray seems to change the personnel and formation from game ot game so there is no continuity / little understanding between our players.

As you said though, when we did get our act together, we were able to cause you some problems. We're mostly angry and baffled as to why we can't play that way for a full 90 minutes.

Anyway, best of luck for the rest of the season.

Palace where good value for the win, and scored some excellent goals, passed the ball well and looked a settled side.

Another key thing mentioned about boro, is a lack of width which we all knew at the start of the season.

People are calling for a change in the side, which could be as simple as playing two forwards and playing with more width, a little difficult with players available.

This does not mean we are calling for Mogga to be sacked, but some members have drank the kool aid, and shut down any discussion when it comes to criticizing the team.

With a poor run of form and uncertain futures for many players confidence has to be a factor in the results.

Zhimai you quote leadbitter isn't a playmaker then bang on about him not getting enough space too pass wtf

i said he wasnt a playmaker but a good holding midfielder. what i meant is best position is in front of the back 4. he isnt effective at an advanced position as a playmaker.

but either being a playmaker or a holding midfielder, they need space to pack pass.

I never seen any of the game as I was out all day and I would rather cut myself than watch the highlights. But where did Carayol play and how did he do?

From what I remember of the game, he started out wide. Didn't do an awful lot, but that was mainly because he didn't see much of the ball. When he got it, he did get forward, but half the time there wasn't anyone to get on the end of his crosses. He resorted to cutting inside quite often but frequently got crowded off the ball.

Just watched the highlights back. And it's plain to see that McEachran still hasn't recovered from his ankle injury, he took a shot at goal early on and was limping afterwards. Why play him if he's not 100% when we have plenty of fully fit CM players on the bench? He's scared to shoot in case he hurts his ankle.