'Boro V Palace (A)

Result  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Result

---------------Steele------------------

Parnaby-Bikey-Williams-Friend

--Leadbitter-Bailey-Smallwood--

---------Dyer-Miller-Carayol--------

It'll be tough but think we need 2 pack midfield with pace n ppl 2 break up play and look to catch on the break. As good as they look going forward they defence isn't outstanding

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Pack the midfield with battlers, got both Bailey and Smallwood in, fresh legs as well.

Use pace on the break. I can see the confidence flooding back following the Leeds result. Going for a draw but quietly confident!

UTB!

Can't understand why people are starting to play Carayol down the middle instead of out wide we have been crying out for service for Juke and when we get Caryol back we play him central baffels me... keep him out wide.

This man knows

People keep moaning about no width and square pegs in round holes and then want muzzy central

agree with this

also everyone moans we keep changing formation and never have a settled team.

ive checked peoples teams and we have to make 2 changes main and woody but from what i can see EVERYONE has made more than 2 changes and most have changed formation

his best position is out wide, its a no brainer

Carayol has pace and loves to take on his man. For that reason I don't think he is only a winger. It's effective on the wing, through the middle and behind the strikers. Also, it seemed to work against Leeds. Though for this game I would play him slightly wider.

ive checked peoples teams and we have to make 2 changes main and woody but from what i can see EVERYONE has made more than 2 changes and most have changed formation

I'd prefer a settled team where possible (within reason), but our squad is packed full of injury-prone talent. Therefore,we must rotate. And we must use those players in positions that suit the individuals, team and exploit the opposition.

People also moan we are predictable. A rigid formation week in week out usually proves to be the root of that.

Carayol has pace and loves to take on his man. For that reason I don't think he is only a winger. It's effective on the wing, through the middle and behind the strikers. Also, it seemed to work against Leeds. Though for this game I would play him slightly wider.

I'd prefer a settled team where possible (within reason), but our squad is packed full of injury-prone talent. Therefore,we must rotate. And we must use those players in positions that suit the individuals, team and exploit the opposition.

People also moan we are predictable. A rigid formation week in week out usually proves to be the root of that.

so.....the main complaints are ........we constantly change our team and never have a settled formation...and .... we are too predictable !!

im going for a lie down :rolleyes:

so.....the main complaints are ........we constantly change our team and never have a settled formation...and .... we are too predictable !!

im going for a lie down :rolleyes:

Haha. I would complain that we have been too predictable, but less so with Carayol. He offers one quality that's similar to Hoyte - don't take that comparison too literally! - but both have blistering pace that stretches the opposition, creates space and allows us to play more expressive football. The same should be able to be said about Emnes, but unfortunately all too often he looks too lazy and and lacking in confidence to really do much with or without the ball. I mean, for an ex-sprinter the guy does an awful lot of jogging!! But, with Carayol, predictability is less of a worry for me now.

Also, I'm not against chopping and changing because we have an injury-prone squad (that was never a complaint). But, where possible, selection consistency (bar one or two tactical decisions) is generally beneficial. We don't have that luxury. And, when a handful of players are missing each game, it's not just a case of replacing them like for like. Some players are versatile and can be moved position (that doesn't mean playing players out of position). And as a consequence of that, more shifting of personnel is needed. So very often, for us, I think the team will and should be quite different week by week.

I know we all changed more than two players but I think that's because of 2 things

a) Leeds at home = very different to Palace away

b) I think Dyer was rested not necessarily dropped

Just my thoughts

I know we all changed more than two players but I think that's because of 2 things

Just my thoughts

This too.

Just my thoughts

maybe we've only budgetted to use two dyers a month ?