• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Went to the game last night so thought I'd provide you all with some ratings:

Steele - 8/10 - Kept us in it in the first half with some good saves, very quick to spot danger and come and collect the ball, did have a flap at a few crosses in the second half though

Friend - 6/10 - his man got past him a few times but he always recovered well

McManus & Bikey - 7/10 - I've lumped these two together as I thought they did pretty much identically throughout the match, dealt with pretty much any threat well and were solid in the air, made some important blocks

Bailey - 5/10 - obviously not a RB, plenty of effort but offered very little, made some decent tackles

Rhys - 5/10 - looked a bit lost to me, made some important tackles but got caught in possession a couple of times

Halliday - 6/10 - didn't really spend much time getting forward, just helped George out defensively, put a couple of decent challenges in

Leadbitter - 5/10 - offered very little going forward, just seemed to give it straight back to the CBs most of the time for them to hoof it, poor delivery from set pieces

McEachrean - 6/10 - again very little going forward, probably due to the lack (read - absence) of movement, ball retention wasn't brilliant

Smallwood - 4/10 - game just seemed to pass him by, stuck out on the right wing

Emnes - 6/10 - had very little service and what service he did get was Bikey hoofing hopeful balls up to him, tried hard and chased around but really isn't suited to playing as a lone striker when we sit so deep, can't hold it up at all

Subs:

Carayol - 7/10 - gave us a bit of an outlet and drove them back a bit, got our first shot on target and tested their keeper at the end, seemed to run out of ideas and get crowded off the ball quite often

Main - 7/10 - chased everything down and tried hard, had a couple of good efforts

Miller - 6/10 - put himself about and gave their defence something to think about, had a good chance near the end but scuffed it