oneBoro Forum

Who would you get?

I agree that we shouldn't sack mogga, this was posing the question to people like Ibby and gladgareth who seem to think there are better options than him. Sorry if you think it's pointless AR

i think i will bite, and no doubt you'll have something stupid to say in reply Willy.

for starters adding, in your words, 'pointless threads' to have a pop at supports with a difference of opinion than you is pure class, i mean lets all do it and show some real maturity on the forum.

secondly, and ive said it before and its getting tedious now, im not a mowbray fan, nevr have been. the fact he has lost 6 of the last 7 only adds to the justification that i feel he is not the man for the job.

don't give me hes cut the wages, bought in his players because any new manager would have had to of done that. you all go on about 'his' side if it wins and its not his squad if they lose??? rose tinted specs and if your a fan of mowbray i would expect nothing less. if i was a fan i would do the same.

IF he went, and i have said he wont, then i would like someone who plays players in their natural positions, didn't always tinker and allowed some consitancy. Billy Davies would have got my vote but he is back at Forest.

like i said a pointless thread aimed at trying to antagonise people who have a difference of opinion to you.

just a point to consider, you go on about mowbray knowing what he is doing? our top scorer at present is McDonald, the same player who Mowbray left out in the cold for so long trying to force him out of the club, a wise move? seems not.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

I agree that we shouldn't sack mogga, this was posing the question to people like Ibby and gladgareth who seem to think there are better options than him. Sorry if you think it's pointless AR

i think i will bite, and no doubt you'll have something stupid to say in reply Willy.

for starters adding, in your words, 'pointless threads' to have a pop at supports with a difference of opinion than you is pure class, i mean lets all do it and show some real maturity on the forum.

like i said a pointless thread aimed at trying to antagonise people who have a difference of opinion to you.

just a point to consider, you go on about mowbray knowing what he is doing? our top scorer at present is McDonald, the same player who Mowbray left out in the cold for so long trying to force him out of the club, a wise move? seems not.

Would love you to quote where I said pointless threads, seen as though its in my words.

This thread was not meant to wind anyone up, this thread was so that I could ask you who you would get if, like you want, Mowbray wasn't our manager. I don't see anything in the OP that is antagonising and I'm sorry if you read it that way.

McDonald was poor last season so I don't blame Mowbray for trying to get rid of a poor striker with a bad attitude who is taking 30k a week from us. He then brought McDonald back into the fold when it was clear we weren't going to get rid of him, McDonald was then very fired up from being frozen out and got a lot of important goals for us, that wouldn't have happened from the start of the season.

I'm not saying that Mowbray masterminded that, because he didn't, but as a result of what Mowbray did we got a fired up striker scoring when we needed goals.

Go ahead if you feel it necessary DS, just felt it might get lost in the other one

Its swings and roundabouts. Both have arguments against one another, stop trying to force your opinion on others. Both of you. Will is clearly backing Mowbray, he won't turn anti-mowbray, and GGS is clearly anti-Mowbray, he isn't exactly gonna convert.

Utterly pointless arguing the toss between each other when neither will listen to the others opinion, or respect it.

I don't want mogga sacked and if some of the names mentioned were brought in I'd be seriously dissapointed!!

McCarthy and warnock have both got teams promoted but also really struggled in premier and the style of football isn't easy on the eye (Leeds showing that last week) and Davies hasn't got a fantastic record either, didn't derby come down with the/one of the lowest points totals premier.

We as a club are going through big changes and mogga has shown he can get out of this division in the past and for me wants to play good football. I want a manager with an identity and a style of play and deep down you know he does care bout the club so this'll be hurting him as well

Its swings and roundabouts. Both have arguments against one another, stop trying to force your opinion on others. Both of you. Will is clearly backing Mowbray, he won't turn anti-mowbray, and GGS is clearly anti-Mowbray, he isn't exactly gonna convert.

Utterly pointless arguing the toss between each other when neither will listen to the others opinion, or respect it.

im not trying to force my opinion on anyone BDS, i have no issues with those pro-mowbray, i have clearly stated everyone is entitled to their opinion.

i understand why people feel he has done a great job. cutting the wage bill we are in 6th, up until the new year looking at the auto spots. we have a blip and we are in 6th but still in with a chance.

my opinion is whn he came in i felt he wasn't the man for the job and that hasn't changed.

my issue is threads being added to have a pop at people with a difference of opinion cos someone doesn't like it.

for the record Will i apologise for the 'pointless thread' remark. on looking back it i got my wires crossed.

I don't want mogga sacked and if some of the names mentioned were brought in I'd be seriously dissapointed!!

McCarthy and warnock have both got teams promoted but also really struggled in premier and the style of football isn't easy on the eye (Leeds showing that last week) and Davies hasn't got a fantastic record either, didn't derby come down with the/one of the lowest points totals premier.

We as a club are going through big changes and mogga has shown he can get out of this division in the past and for me wants to play good football. I want a manager with an identity and a style of play and deep down you know he does care bout the club so this'll be hurting him as well

you can't quote mcCarthy and Warnock like that and then put Mowbray above them, his record with WBA was no different

sorry, not that i think its pointless, but more i thought it could have been included in the other thread.

Also, people may hate Warnock, but he will get promoted, end of.

how can it be that mowbray a hero of ours and a lad from the area isnt good enough but warnock a bloke we all hate who has got leeds 6 places and 8 points behind us is good enough ??????????

I have watched Warnock teams play for my partners club and don't want to repeat it with my club. But at the same time Warnock is the only league manager i ever played for (albeit only one game) so i would love to have played for a Boro manager!!!

But Mogga remains the only man for the job.

Like I said in my last post I wasn't looking to have a go at anyone for their opinion in this thread, I was more interested in finding out who you, or anyone else who isn't happy with our current manager, realistically thinks we could/would get in?

Like I said in my last post I wasn't looking to have a go at anyone for their opinion in this thread, I was more interested in finding out who you, or anyone else who isn't happy with our current manager, realistically thinks we could/would get in?

fair enough. i just get fed up with the constant changing of tactics, players out of position and excuses.

individual errors happen due to people not knowing what they are suppose to be doing or playing in a posiotion that is not the most natural to them, split strikers is comical to everyone on this forum and hearing everything is fine because we are still 6th is frustating because thats not what everyone is worried about.

a good manager knows when to leave things alone and when to change. it is clear to see that make shift CB's and LB's and CMM's playing out wide with our natural winger playing a central role will never work.

why can't he just stick the best 11 who are available in their natural positions and set the tactics to that? yes different sides play differently but surely if we play our natural game and pass the team off of the park like we have seen this season then the omen is on the opposition to change their tactics to cope with us. the only thing we need to concentrate on is our own game and defending set pieces. knowing who to mark when and where the danger might come from.

thats all i want and i don't think thats asking to much?

sorry, not that i think its pointless, but more i thought it could have been included in the other thread.

Also, people may hate Warnock, but he will get promoted, end of.

how can it be that mowbray a hero of ours and a lad from the area isnt good enough but warnock a bloke we all hate who has got leeds 6 places and 8 points behind us is good enough ??????????

hey, just my opinion. id still have mogga every day of the week, but as I said, pointless thread...

I don't think it is a pointless thread tbh, there are obviously some fans who are not happy with Mowbray and It isnt a bad question to ask if he was to leave the club who would you realistically want to replace him.

Whilst I do not think Mowbray will be sacked even if we continue losing It wouldnt be a surprise if Mogga decided to walk if he felt it was the right thing for the club.

I would prefer Adkins (even if I cannot stand listening him being interviewed) over somebody like Warnock if we needed a new manager.

GGS while I agree moggas record in prem was disappointing I feel that his time at WBA is still showing now with their squad and ability to pass the ball well. Look at the state of QPR and Wolves now.

I am a mogga fan but aside from that to be honest who out their makes you stand up and think "yeah he's the man!!" and for me there's no one