oneBoro Forum

Ps3 keeps freezing on home screen

My ps3 is continually freezing when it gets to the home screen, have completed a file restore and a database restore but it keeps on happening and every time I switch it back on it says the system did not shut down properly and needs to restore, which I do then it restarts and freezes again, any ideas what I can do?

My ps3 is continually freezing when it gets to the home screen, have completed a file restore and a database restore but it keeps on happening and every time I switch it back on it says the system did not shut down properly and needs to restore, which I do then it restarts and freezes again, any ideas what I can do?

If you have tried those options and it's not working your only option is to erase the HDD completely and reinstall it meaning you will lose everything, if you have ps+ you can backup your save games to the cloud so you won't lose those, if not use a usb stick plugged into the playstation to copy your files over to that.

Sounds like hard drive failure if you keep on doing a file restore, a database restore and still getting the message about the console not being shut down correctly, best of contacting Sony.