oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Huddersfield Town(A)

Running the risk of a bit of backlash but If Woody isnt fit I'd play Williams back in CB Now he's had his reality check, and in the run in we gonna need our best players in their best positions

Also Why wont Dyer be playing, did he pick up a knock against Cardiff?

I think Hines and big Mick looked good yesterday, there isnt really much need to put rhys back in yet imo. Still think the best place to play Rhys is CB though

Dont think dyer will be able to manage 2 games in 4 days with his injury record, Also he said on bbc tees that he still wasnt totally match fit. Think Muzzy should replace dyer but other than that keep the same team

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Running the risk of a bit of backlash but If Woody isnt fit I'd play Williams back in CB Now he's had his reality check, and in the run in we gonna need our best players in their best positions

Also Why wont Dyer be playing, did he pick up a knock against Cardiff?

I think Hines and big Mick looked good yesterday, there isnt really much need to put rhys back in yet imo. Still think the best place to play Rhys is CB though

Dont think dyer will be able to manage 2 games in 4 days with his injury record, Also he said on bbc tees that he still wasnt totally match fit. Think Muzzy should replace dyer but other than that keep the same team

See what you mean about Dyer but with one Eye on Saturday I remember how out played, out thought and out muscled Hines was when Bristol came to us. i think we will Beat Huddersfield Tuesday but if we want to kick on we gotta get something at Bristol... That will be a harder match IMO and there'll be right up for it

tbh against cardiff except score the goal i wasn't massively impressed with him, he's definately lost his turn of pace and being played ont he left he drifted way to much so that we didnt have that many options down there. carayol and ameobi should definately be our first choice wide players on a consistent basis. preferably together.

ameobi's legs did seem to go at about 60 minutes so hopefully he'll be up to match fitness soon. Although he covered so much space before that if dyer covered the same space he would of broken down 5 times :P

If the same team is fit enough, keep it. Other than fitness, I don't see the need for change.

I agree, but in my opinion there are some changes that I think are practically compulsarary, ie:

(1) Woodgate in if he's fit,

(2) Dyer might need a rest given his fitness record,

(3) and I still think Carayol is an essential cog and v influential in our team if fit.

The only difficult potential changes for me are:

(1) Do we drop McManus? Lots would say no, but I still think he is a liability with his lack of pace and only major strength being in the air, and

(2) Should Miller start? For me he's still best used as an impact sub, and I do think we have some better options, if fit.

But, end of the day, I'm not all that fussed for this game. All I really care about is that we field a 4-4-2, start 2 natural wingers and do not include Emnes. For the remainder of the season, that'll usually be my rule of three!

Dont change a winning team and for once let someone else worry about us - simple!

Bit of a difference between Man U's squad and ours, plus Fergie has been mugged many a time when he has tinkered with his team! ;)

I don't mind a manager changing players other than in defence, especially CB where communication and anticipation is essential so they need to have a settled defence as one lapse will most likely result in a goal conceded. That's why signing Woodgate, knowing he'd only play in half games, doesn't look the greatest decision as we'll never have a settled defence.

But on the flip side when he is available we have arguably the best defender in the league. Who is a former England international. And could still easily play in the Premier league.

Yeah there's obviously positives of having a top class defender but when he's not available(which is more often than not) our CB's look like they're lacking the sharpness of playing regularly with a settled defence which probably outweighs the positives.

Same team I hope or possibly carayol for dyer to give him a rest and possibly emnes for miller. He looked dead on his feet after 60 mins on Saturday. Bring him on for the last 20 when he's at his best