oneBoro Forum

Boro vs Huddersfield Town(A)

Same team I hope or possibly carayol for dyer to give him a rest and possibly emnes for miller. He looked dead on his feet after 60 mins on Saturday. Bring him on for the last 20 when he's at his best

Agree. Would very much like to see Carayol on the right and Ameobi on the left. I also have a strong feeling that Emnes will hit form going into the run in.

But if all players are fit I'll have no qualms about starting with the same team, because we did play a good first half against Cardiff.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

As a few have said we can't afford any slip ups. What worries me is this is the kind of game where we do usually slip up but simply cannot afford to do. We may as well have lost to Cardiff if we don't back it up with another 3 points. Another win would do wonders for our confidence and could be the start of a run which where desperate for.

Just got back from a stag do in Munich so have yet to have a proper read up on the win v Cardiff but I hope the performance kick starts our season again.

Same team for me if Dyer can make it if not, I don't see Mowbray playing with 2 wingers from the start so probably see Haroun in. Only other change i'd think about would be bringing Bikey in for Hines as him and big mick would just eat up long balls for breakfast (let the inuendo's begin). But Hines has done well and I wouldn't want to dent his confidence.

Hines was quality against Cardiff and he's best suited to defending against teams who are direct and get balls into the box as when teams play "football" then he's far more likely to make an error so the Huddersfield game should suit him.

Nervous about this, we seem to be getting a bit of confidence back and loss here will royally put us two steps back.

A win however and we could be right back in the mix if results go our way

this may be the MOST IMPORTANT GAME SO FAR (i agree with DS)

Think we'll win 2-1

I'm fairly confident on this game, my ONLY doubt is which team setup mogga will start.

the Udders seem fairly confident on this game and are expecting a win, but if mogga trys the over defensive 4-6-0 setup again or something radicle like that i'm not sure how we'd get on.

ack *** it 3-0 boro convincing win! UTB IMWT KMA SMB

I don't understand where people think that if we set up defensively from the start it reduces our chances of winning as last season we set up with a hardworking defensive team and we drew the opposition in then countered on them and won loads 1-0 late on.

Whereas this year I think Mowbray has set us out not as focused on frustrating the opposition and too adventurous from the start(apart from the Burnley game which everybody focuses on and thinks every away game was the same when it wasn't) as even before new year we were controlling games away from home(Birmingham, Leeds, Cardiff etc) and then getting caught by cheap goals mainly from us not having enough of our men organised behind the ball. That Birmingham game on TV summed our season up for me where we dominated them and then totally threw it all away in a few moments of madness.

Like when team's come to ours I hate it when they sit in and get their men behind the ball like Watford did and where happy for us to have possession and then counter at pace on us and I think if Mowbray set us out similar to last year then our away record this year would be far better.

I do think that sometimes the calls for us to be overly offensive are a little off the mark. Sometimes a defensive strategy is the right strategy. But, more often then not, this isn't the case. And especially against a relatively poor Huddersfield team who really are there for the taking. We must attack. We should play a similar system as the last game. And anything less then three points will be a bitter underachievement. Playing two wingers away from home against this team shouldn't leave us too open because, to be frank, they're not that dangerous and they ship goals for fun. If they earn a win by sitting back, frustrating us and catching us on the break then credit to them, but I think that to do that they'll need a lot of luck; their strikers aren't that potent and their defence isn't particularly solid. We should aim to have more of the ball and create more chances and just hope that on the day we're able to convert some. Honestly, the difference in quality between the two squads is gargantuan. Not necessarily a must win (though incredibly close to that, I do think we overuse that phrase a little!), but definitely a should win. Anything less then 3 points won't end our challenge, but it would be a massive dent, especially if we lose more ground on the pack.