oneBoro Forum

Dylan McGlade

Dylan has suffered two pretty big injuries in his two years at the club.

Add to that he is in the same year and position as young Jordan Jones, Dylan in my opinion hasnt really been given a fair crack of the whip. I thought due to his injuries he may recieve a 3rd year scholarship but the club dont think so.

Clearly has technical ability, I remember first seeing him and screaming in my head for him to move the ball quicker. Since that day he has come on quite a bit moving the ball and in full flow an exciting player to watch. Shame i have not had the chance to see more of him.

Hopefully he gets something sorted somewhere either as a 3rd year scholar or a professional.

He is also the subject of the best ever in game image ive ever taken.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/Powlay/U18s%20vs%20Sunderland%20Away/IMG_5304.jpg

Oh I think I remember someone posting about a young Irish lad joining our academy a while back. From an outsiders view it seems a strange decision not to give him a deal given his apparent big potential just a few years ago.

But it is fairly common for a great looking 15 year old to have fallen by the wayside at 17.

Only a very small percentage of these players get their act back together and break back into league football.

You might have said a ridiculously small percentage and with a young guy who's had two serious injuries in two years you can see why the club does not want to provide further support. Too many of our guys have an injury problem between 17 and 22 as it is.

In many ways it is a kindness to not put the guy thro any further injury hit seasons

If anything the club should have supported him by giving him a 3rd year DUE to the injuries.

Those injuries may have set him back but he really hasnt had the oppertunities to show what he can do.

In recent years the club has given a player a 3rd year deal in light of 2 years of injuries. Connor Sellars being a name that comes to mind in regard to that.

Hopefully Dylan gets a deal somwhere and goes onto be a successful pro.

Dylan has suffered two pretty big injuries in his two years at the club.

Add to that he is in the same year and position as young Jordan Jones, Dylan in my opinion hasnt really been given a fair crack of the whip. I thought due to his injuries he may recieve a 3rd year scholarship but the club dont think so.

Clearly has technical ability, I remember first seeing him and screaming in my head for him to move the ball quicker. Since that day he has come on quite a bit moving the ball and in full flow an exciting player to watch. Shame i have not had the chance to see more of him.

Hopefully he gets something sorted somewhere either as a 3rd year scholar or a professional.

He is also the subject of the best ever in game image ive ever taken.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/Powlay/U18s%20vs%20Sunderland%20Away/IMG_5304.jpg

r these recent pics of him

the ones in the Sunderland game i took last season.

I can only take images at away games due to MFC being a pain in the rear. And ive limited to a few trips here and there due to a family issue right now. So not made many U18 aways this season.