oneBoro Forum

Boro Finances released

I shouldnt have mentioned it on this thread tbh. We can discuss it on loan signings etc etc that his been viewed over 300k times

Sorry VB, won't mention it again....can't wait to find out who it is though.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I shouldnt have mentioned it on this thread tbh. We can discuss it on loan signings etc etc that his been viewed over 300k times

yes, pls dont disclose it. any disclosure will weaken our chance of getting this new player

So if we packed out the stadium we be making 55% profit of all turnover

Well, I suppose they could always get the stewards to grab people off the street. :P

Or maybe offer free parmos with every ticket.

The thing i dont get is the team is MFC,s product and its there we make our money ie number of tickets sold each game . Now if i opened a bar and sold crap beer and had crap bands on i wouldnt make any money,, and own a bar for too long ,,, so if steve gibson is putting so much money into he club ,,that must be putting strain on him. Why is he pulling our product [ TEAM ] to the bone . I know its costing him a fortune to own the club BUT wouldnt it make more sense to buid a team the fans WANT to come and see ,,, more fans through the gates means more money going into his bank ,, gates per game going up and not down as they are now .

The last time we did that we ended up in the relegation zone with a clueless manager and we are still recovering from it today. Ridiculous suggestion.

why is it ridiculous ? im not on about a team like we had under robson just a team that compete for promotion ALL season and not till xmas.

The last time we did that we ended up in the relegation zone with a clueless manager and we are still recovering from it today. Ridiculous suggestion.

why is it ridiculous ? im not on about a team like we had under robson just a team that compete for promotion ALL season and not till xmas.

I think the reference may have been to Strachan....

We spent 20 mill on strachans team. So now have a wage bill twice whats required by the fair play If we try again spend another 20 mill and fail to go up what happens then do we try again the season after. Not that its possible now anyway with fair play. The only way we can spend more on players is if we get bigger crowds to fund it. So its catch 22. Worse football lower crowds have less to spend so lower crowds

I remember in 2006 when fans constantly complained that they felt insignificant as Gibson spent practically all the money so he had all the power in our decisions(as the fans wanted McLaren sacked but he stuck with him). Them fans will start getting their way next season with their ticket money being vital to the clubs success.

I love playing Devils Advocate and while I am happy to have been born and bred a Boro fan and appreciate Gibbo is a true fan also, (I even remember seeing Gibbo down the Acklam Steelies in his flash motors when my dad played for them 20 odd years ago). What I would like to point out is that it was under his leadership that the debt was allowed to build up so massively!

Therefore, surely he should be expected to manage it now?

Runs for cover - incoming!!!!!

We spent 20 mill on strachans team. So now have a wage bill twice whats required by the fair play If we try again spend another 20 mill and fail to go up what happens then do we try again the season after. Not that its possible now anyway with fair play. The only way we can spend more on players is if we get bigger crowds to fund it. So its catch 22. Worse football lower crowds have less to spend so lower crowds

AGAIN im not on about spending millions ,,, look at Southanpton ,, didnt have a team full of superstars just had a team full of good players and a manager who got the best from them and they got 2 automatic promotions in 2 seasons ,,

I love playing Devils Advocate and while I am happy to have been born and bred a Boro fan and appreciate Gibbo is a true fan also, (I even remember seeing Gibbo down the Acklam Steelies in his flash motors when my dad played for them 20 odd years ago). What I would like to point out is that it was under his leadership that the debt was allowed to build up so massively!

Therefore, surely he should be expected to manage it now?

Runs for cover - incoming!!!!!

No incomimg from me mate :)