• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I love playing Devils Advocate and while I am happy to have been born and bred a Boro fan and appreciate Gibbo is a true fan also, (I even remember seeing Gibbo down the Acklam Steelies in his flash motors when my dad played for them 20 odd years ago). What I would like to point out is that it was under his leadership that the debt was allowed to build up so massively!

Therefore, surely he should be expected to manage it now?

Runs for cover - incoming!!!!!

he is managing it ....isnt that what hes getting stick for

I understand Rich, it was a rhetorical question in reply to the Gibbo love in that had sprung up!

Be careful thats an act of treason to some on this site :)

No it's not but at least give some constructive criticism. No one is free from scrutiny and neither is gibbo, but here is a man who is the sole reason why we have a club and has loaned the club 70 million interest free when that money could have been better spent elsewhere.

So when people wanna criticize I suggest they do it with due consideration instead if those headless claims such as "buy better players" "spend more money" "Gibson has no ambition" "reduce prices considerably for everything".

You can criticize him for appointing GS1 and GS2 but that's about it. You won't find a better chairman in the world for a club of our stature and I very much doubt that you will find someone willing to pay off the massive debts and plough millions into transfers while the fans continue to stay away despite being top-6 contenders two years running.

No one is going to shoot someone for offering constructive criticism, but nobody likes the idiot with a megaphone and a high hat standing on a box shouting off pointless things without realism or any consideration of the actual facts.

I understand Rich, it was a rhetorical question in reply to the Gibbo love in that had sprung up!

No it's not but at least give some constructive criticism. No one is free from scrutiny and neither is gibbo, but here is a man who is the sole reason why we have a club and has loaned the club 70 million interest free when that money could have been better spent elsewhere.

So when people wanna criticize I suggest they do it with due consideration instead if those headless claims such as "buy better players" "spend more money" "Gibson has no ambition" "reduce prices considerably for everything".

You can criticize him for appointing GS1 and GS2 but that's about it. You won't find a better chairman in the world for a club of our stature and I very much doubt that you will find someone willing to pay off the massive debts and plough millions into transfers while the fans continue to stay away despite being top-6 contenders two years running.

No one is going to shoot someone for offering constructive criticism, but nobody likes the idiot with a megaphone and a high hat standing on a box shouting off pointless things without realism or any consideration of the actual facts.

Like the people who comment underneath Gazette articles. I actually hate those people. Don't know why I even read them...

Like the people who comment underneath Gazette articles. I actually hate those people. Don't know why I even read them...

i cant resist reading them ...then get really wound up and wish i hadnt :) they would be quite funny if they really didnt mean it .

sorry alfa missed that one

I appreciate Steve Gibson and the fact he loves Middlesbrough Football Club, but regardless of what happened 20 odd years ago the massive debt we have now was built up again under his stewardship.

He chased the dream and unfortunately is now paying the price - my point is there are people hailing him as a "Hero, Saviour etc..." when all I expect is for him to take responsibility - which he is, much like myself paying off my own debt!

I do not pretend to know the Ins and outs of big business and finance, but it has surprised me that a man that apparently(from people who know him and worked for him) runs his haulage business quite ruthlessly has allowed his other interest to be ran so slackly!

So when people say, "Isn't Gibbo a great man for writing off the debt!" - I say it was his debt in the first place!

I dont say hes great for paying off the debt i say hes great for risking it in the first place and in the process getting us rava tlf a cup and a euro final. Then for taking resposibility and paying off the debt,

If Gibson hadnt "chased the dream", he would have been slated by the same people that are now slating him for living it. Sometimes a nice guy just can't win.

The reason people say that he is great for writing off the debt is because so many owners of other clubs just leave when times get tough and then make the club give them the money back. Interest free loans to clubs are also not very common in football, many owners make money off the club on loans with interest.

If Gibson hadnt "chased the dream", he would have been slated by the same people that are now slating him for living it. Sometimes a nice guy just can't win.

The reason people say that he is great for writing off the debt is because so many owners of other clubs just leave when times get tough and then make the club give them the money back. Interest free loans to clubs are also not very common in football, many owners make money off the club on loans with interest.

Ill bet portsmouth fans would have given their left leg for gibson. And leeds. And look at the stick ***nal fans are giving for not chasing the dream

I don't care if some people think this is harsh. If you want Gibson out, or think his contribution to this club is negative, then you either know nothing about the club or football, or you're an idiot.

What I would like to point out is that it was under his leadership that the debt was allowed to build up so massively! Therefore, surely he should be expected to manage it now?

Runs for cover - incoming!!!!!

No need to run for cover. I actually think there is some logic to this point. But fact of the matter is that he is managing it.

Gibson rolled the dice and as a result we won a cup, saw some great years in the premiership and got to a European final. AND he's cleaning up the damage that its cost us in the long run.

I don't see what the debate is, he's the best chairman in the world imo.