oneBoro Forum
Will

Transfer thread 2013. Final hour and may she rest in peace

Started a new one as it was impossible to follow the last one anymore.

There was still quite a bit of speculation going on in the old rumours thread when it was closed.

Yes speculation concerning this summer but issues that have been discussed a number of times.

Like the last one this will pick up pace when its good and ready

Argh, I loved the last one. It just kept growing on you

Not completely sure why there need be a new thread. What was wrong with the other one? That said, I don't really care.

Anthony Vickers said below one of his blogs:

"In the summer the club should have almost £2m leeway in the wage budget to rebuild with, more if they can shift McDonald too. They are already well ahead in scouting targets in untapped, low cost markets. They are also looking at some interesting loan arrangements that if they come off could be very cost effective and hopefully provide some bright young talent."

So basically when all loans go back and contracts expire we've got around £40,000 a week to strengthen the team plus additional sales. And if we sell McDonald then that will be a further £35,000 a week to sign a few players(total £75,000 a week).

Yeah if we sell them as well then Mowbray will have a pretty big pot of money to play with.

The question is, is Mogga the man you want to handle that responsibility? For many the answer seems to be no. Personally I think his greatest attribute is finding talented bargains, so I'd be very happy for him to do so. And if his obvious recent weakness (tactics!) continues, then a managerial change can be made (eventually) if need be. Though that's all probably more relevant in the Mogga thread.

Argh, I loved the last one. It just kept growing on you

I love rumours me

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Latest Posts

• The problem I see is that we could still leave ourselves hanging if we want two and only sign one. It definitely feels like we could do with a couple of quality additions at the back. And if Gibson goes to the wire, we could leave ourselves in the lurch as our other targets, ones not just us are after, will move elsewhere. The lad from Leicester in particular seems like someone with a bright future and a decent career so far too, I'd be disappointed to see us miss out on signing him because we sign Simpson and we throw everything at getting Gibson and falter. I know some on here have switched off already for this season but I absolutely want to see us go for it so long as we can. I see very little point in switching off so long as we don't kill off our summer plans by doing so, let's finish as high as we possibly can and hey, even top 10 would be something after our start to this year. So yeah, I'm sceptical of Gibson signing without any cheap permanent by the end of it but by all means, get as much quality in as we can and give it a go.
    • D Blackburn  v  Q.P.R. H Brentford  v  N/Forest. (no scorer.) A Cardiff  v  W.B.A. H Hull Cty  v  Huddersfield. H Leeds  v  Millwall. A Luton  v  Derby. A Wigan  v  Sheff Wednesday. H Reading  v  Bristol City A Tranmere  v  Sunderland.. D Rotherham  v  Ipswich Twn.
    • I am not saying this because it seems the Gibson deal might be drifting away from us but I am quite relaxed about the whole situation. i think the reason for that is we seem to be eyeing some decent alternatives in Benkovic and Simpson who both come with a lot of promise. For once we not put all our eggs in one basket. I know club are looking at two CBs but if we get 1 of the above 3 in I will be happy with that. if we dont get either of the 3 then I will start to worry. Oh and i still got hopes our beloved boro will make a out the blue type signing for the top end of the pitch. Ideally more Lee Tomlin out the blue and less Adlene Guidioura out the blue.
    • Hey don't get uptight about it I was just pointing out to Smogzilla  a fact and how I see it. By the way there really is no effort in doing this, it just pass's some of my spare time and it keeps my brain active since I retired.  
    • The finances always had to be right for this deal to happen in this window and were a long way off from that happening from what I was told Thursday. What's the point in spending a million pound plus wages on a six month loan deal when we are not going to be either fighting relegation or fighting for the play offs. Deal could still happen yet but I expect us to push hard for permanent transfer in the summer. Ps whoever said Gibson had a medical over the weekend was talking utter cr@p