oneBoro Forum

Transfer thread 2013. Final hour and may she rest in peace

We already have abunch of young hopefuls in Williams, Gibson, Reach, Park, Main etc. and they won't get us promoted. Filling the team with even more hopefuls isn't going to drag us out of the hole. I'd rather get 1 quality signing instead of 3 hopefuls that are going to be in and out of the squad getting a game every three weeks.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a load of rubbish, so if the chance came up to get graham or brunt you'd rather we say no because they are past it in favour of some league 1 gamble just because they are younger?? It a player is available to sign who is better than we have then we should be getting them.

I fully expect us to sign Danny Graham on a 12 month loan with an option to buy if we are promoted.

Thats a bold statement is that at the expence of someone leaving at all?

I may be in the small minority here but I am not overly excited about the possible return of Danny Graham sometimes going back does not work:-/

I'm going to paraphrase an old saying

' if you fill your team with league 1 players thats where you'll end up'

just a thought

Yes you are right but if things do not change for the better this season thats a real possibility of where we are going

I fully expect us to sign Danny Graham on a 12 month loan with an option to buy if we are promoted.

Thats a bold statement is that at the expence of someone leaving at all?

I may be in the small minority here but I am not overly excited about the possible return of Danny Graham sometimes going back does not work:-/

Well, it's not really going backwards considering he has become a vastly better player since he left.

I'm not a fan of Danny, I think he has the same flaws as Scott and people gloss over it as he's one of our own.

Sunderland's going to sign 2/3 strikers and Danny has already been told he can find a new club (so has cattermole). Don't believe we have the funds to buy Danny so a loan with a promise is the next best thing.

He fits the 20 goal a season criteria

charlie adam (perhaps not young), tom ince, sinclair and austin all were unknown and untested at this level before their arrivals...i dont think they are rubbish with a really high risk involved. the result is solely dependent on the ability of our scouting team

If we do get graham I reckon it will be closer to/on deadline day rather than before the season kicks off. He will want a premiership move and Sunderland will rather sell him than loan him, so we will be pretty low on the list of options, unless he really wants to stay in the north east.

I think there's a possibilty of this happening. He's back home, PDC doesn't want him, we're desperate for him and his career has slowed to halt. We've shown interest in him before and it didn't quite work out, but we're offering 1st team football and chance to kick start things again.

He'd be a fantastic signing. Guarenteed Championship goal machine.

charlie adam (perhaps not young), tom ince, sinclair and austin all were unknown and untested at this level before their arrivals...i dont think they are rubbish with a really high risk involved. the result is solely dependent on the ability of our scouting team

Come on will you. You have named 4 players who has made it out of hundreds of players who have been tried and found to light. To find a player like that requires a lot of luck also and is not just down to scouting. A scout like that could earn incredible money finding players on the cheap who is guaranteed to bring multi million fees.

You can't just sit down and say "this summer we are only going to spend 1 million and next to nothing on wages, but don't worry we will fill the team with Ince's, Austin's and Sinclair's"

Ok I know beggars can not be choosers but Swansea got rid and now Sunderland do not want him there has to be something underlying here to a degree.

Yes I too think he will look at options as possibly better offers will come along.

If he does come then he will be more effective than present as I am one of those who does not think Juke will be our goalden boy this season

We need to find the balance between young players with potential and experienced pro's that are proven at this level to rely on. If we were to sign a proven player at this level then to have a striker like Graham would be ideal as his finishing ability isn't in doubt so you know you'll get a minimum of 20 goals a season out of him.