• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eduardo Vargas = Afonso Alves

Not being funny TG but a onform AA would suit Boro very well at this time:rolleyes:

We have all witnessed our current strikers missed chances

Eduardo Vargas = Afonso Alves

Different player. Alves was a poacher and Vargas is more of a winger which we desperatly need. He won't have the pressure of having to score plenty of goals and he will also be on loan so there will not be the pressure of an inflated fee. Hopefully he will come here and enjoy himself and find his form. We will have nothing to lose as it will just be a loan.

It's not been posted but Vickers posted on Twitter re; Vargas that Tallamtire has been with Mowbray all week in Portugal and this one (Vargas deal) "has legs."

My comment wasn't a criticism of either player!

I know they are different kinds of footballer. But reading through the last few pages just reminded me of the time we were talking (prob on 606) about signing a South American forward with a big reputation and a £12 million price tag.

I hope this one works out the way Alves should have.

For the simple fact he has been named makes it one of two things.

1 Realistic chance that he will be coming

2 Massive PR stunt/spin concocted by the EG and MFC to once again pacify fans that boro are doing their best to get players in.

This Vargas will create more interest and speculation than most other names mentioned

I am going to stick with this comment I made earlier though it is gathering momentum along with Ireland to a degree.

Both seem to have some substance instead of just pure speculation not quite to the Varga/Whitehead stage but inching closer

Missed nearly a full 48 hours of transfer rumours. But I can now officially say I've sh*t my pants in excitement! Vargas would be amazing. Taking into account all the snippets of info we have, I'd say we have a genuine shot of this coming through. Throwing out a completely random 40/60 out there..

Gremio paid £1.6m to take Vargas on loan, guessing it would cost is around the same amount.

To be honest, it'd probably be worth it... It could be:

(a) The difference between a mid table and top 6 finish

(b) The sort of signing to put bums on seats

© The sort of signing who fans want on the back of their replica shirt

(d) A brilliant piece if business in terms of football.

£1.6m is a lot of money, but if it got us to the playoffs and potentially the Premierhship, it'd be £1.6m very well spent. Hell, even if we dropped straight back down, we'd at least have parachute payments again!!

Well something HAS to give and someone HAS to go to finance what we hope even towards a loan................Boro are getting ready to rumble so it seems

With the recent arrivals I will not care one jot if Leadbitter goes to Forest IF it helps finance arrivals

Hmm Leadbitter out - Vargas in?

It's a no brainer to me Bib:)

Boro fans need a new idol (maybe too strong a word) but someone that will create excitement and you know only too well the extra income from ticket sales will assist towards financing this situation. The club need the fans and vice versa.

Sacrifice Leadbitter to afford a reaction that could prove a masterstroke