oneBoro Forum

Transfer thread 2013. Final hour and may she rest in peace

I'm pretty sure he was Swiss when we signed him. A Renault's a Renault it doesn' t change to a Skoda overnight.

It'd go alot smoother DS if the same spew didn't get put out, Id rather Mogga went radio silent to the papers for a week and we pull in a signing without saying how hard Bausors trying every day for 2 weeks straight.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think whats frustation people DS is two things, one is the same spew over and over without anything seeming to be happening, the second is that im sure he stated he wanted to wrap up business early to concentrate on team building and the players getting use to each other?

Thats pretty much how I would have summed it up..yes still plenty of time but every indication from Mogga was as you said. Ten left and only 2 arrived not saying we would have replaced all 10.

And the same old rhetoric being spouted well it gets very boring coupled with EG stories which seem way off the mark

Baring in mind that the transfer window closes end of August thus giving Boro nearly 6 weeks to get players in and then the loan period that will follow I will pose these questions.

1. Are you frustrated at the current pace of recuitment

2. Do we compare to other teams in the division with their recruitment efforts

3. Is it esential that if others are coming or going that it should be concluded before the season starts.

4. Is there sense in Boro waiting to see who might be available later on in August and indeed the loan period.

5. Are you fed up with the hype and wish it was all over with?

A little Yes.

No.

Ideally yes, 2 exceptions, 1. The player is so good he's worth waiting for, 2. A player dropping wage demands now becomes affordable.

No, should be a last resort.

More fed-up with the clubs insensitivity at times

@Scottwilsonecho Hasn't been a great 48hrs for #Boro transfer talks though. Get strong sense a couple of deals that looked close are now much further away.

Looks like not just Vargas deal that is looking further away.

On the other hand he did say Leutwiler is Austrian...

Personally DS, I think people generally read too much into the 10 out and 2 in, the only hole I see in the Team of the 10 that have left is the one left by Bikey, and to be fair, some would best describe Bikey as a great big gaping hole!! :D

Thats pretty much how I would have summed it up..yes still plenty of time but every indication from Mogga was as you said. Ten left and only 2 arrived not saying we would have replaced all 10.

And the same old rhetoric being spouted well it gets very boring coupled with EG stories which seem way off the mark

DS - 10 left yes, but we had a large squad (ok a fragile squad) last season. I don't expect 10 replacement signings - more like 4 with fringe youngsters being used to make up squad numbers.

Unfortunately, in these days of massive and instant news availability - the club having something new and fresh to say is limited, so all they can do is say safe things over and over - like constantly on phone, many players being discussed etc etc......... I suspect even they yawn as they're saying it!

He doesn't mean talks have fallen through just that they weren't anywhere as close as they thought. It's far better than had we been in talk and they gone badly.

Id be happy with not hearing Bausor's phone activity for the rest of the summer.

Not a mention of Vitor in the local papers so far today which is surprising can't see why Ojogo would make it up. So the Echo's down playing transfers now after mentioning Eduardo who is on 50k a week was an option not 72 hours ago?

Their sauces seem a little credulous or maybe they're the credulous ones.

(1) A little, but only due to impatience! I'd much rather we waited it out to recruit the right players than just go gung-ho and make 'Football Manager' style signings who just plug gaps. That said, i'm frustrated we've missed out on some good players in positions we need to strengthen; Centre Back particularly: Baptiste, Nyatanaga, El-Abd, Ward, Flint - all would have been good (and cheap) acquisitions.

(2) Realistically - we compare with the teams around our standing. I.E. Mid-Table teams with little money, not a lot of regional magnetism in terms of the market and looking out for the FFP. The likes of Millwall, Barnsley, Sheff Wed, Burnley etc. We can't compete with the likes of Reading, QPR, Wigna, Bolton etc with their parachute payments, or Forest with their mega-rich (and over zealous) owners.

(3) Essnetial? No. Ideal? Yes. Players need time to adjust to their surroundings and gel with their new team mates and coaches. In addition, if they're Free Agents, they'll need time to catch up on fitness levels.

(4) Yes. How we fare in the loan market could be the key for us this season; either the catalyst for a top 6, or the failings which see us drop towards the bottom three again. My worry is that Mogga's record of loan signings isn't exactly encouraging... Adam Hammill, anyone?

(5) I've taken to not giving anything even the remotest credence until it's published in the EG. Transfer Windows are a frustrating time for football fans, but i'd not change deadline day for the world ;)

I'm certainly not worried by the 10 out, 2 in scenario. Look who's gone: Arca, Bikey, Bailey, Miller, McEachran, Ameobi, Dyer, Thomson, McManus... I'm happy they're all gone; barring possibly McEachran and Bailey, but we've replaced them with two better midfielders (potentially, in Varga's case).

Arca? I'd rather play Smallwood, Morris or Dolan. Bikey? I'd rather play Hines or Gibson. Miler? I'd rather play Jason Lee. The list goes on...