oneBoro Forum

Transfer thread 2013. Final hour and may she rest in peace

Right I know cattermoles nan lives in Fairfield in stockton I think we should all camp outside her house until she agrees to get him here so we can say we want him back ! Who's with me ? Lmao

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right I know cattermoles nan lives in Fairfield in stockton I think we should all camp outside her house until she agrees to get him here so we can say we want him back ! Who's with me ? Lmao

No :rolleyes:

No I would not want jay bothroyd had a decent season with Cardiff few years back and that's it... Struggled at sheff wed on loan last year.

I keep checking avidly waiting too here from VB!

Wow, what a different it makes having 50 posts per page compared to lurking on a tablet!

As I'm new, I'll quickly run through my thoughts on some of the names mentioned so far:

Vargas - Would have been nice, but I think he's way out of our league. I'd be over the moon if it did happen, but can't see it.

Vitor - Don't really know much about him to be honest.

Cattermole/Bothroyd/Ireland/Roger Johnson - No, don't like any of them, wrong type of personalities for our club completely.

Graham (before Hull!) - I've never rated Graham at all. Apart from a couple of seasons at Watford, he's been average at best for most of his career, and can't see us having the team around him for him to find his scoring boots again.

Eduardo - The ***nal lad, was this one a real rumour, or people getting confused with Eduardo Vargas? Either way, the Silva Eduardo is too injury prone for us. The last thing we need is more sicknote players, there's been times in the last decade where we might as well have moved Rockliffe to the James Cook hospital instead.

With the new season not far away now, we've not replaced Bikey or addressed the lack of a goalscorer, so those are my two main concerns.

I disagree with Eduardo being too injury prone for us (***nal Eduardo that is).

If we could ever pull that off and land him I would be over the moon! I remember Wenger stating that he was the best natural finisher he had ever managed (over Henry and Bergkamp!). Injury history or not, he would pish all over the championship

Now boys, been off the radar for a while.... unfortunately i wont be seeing much of the boro in live mode from now on, im out in Abu Dhabi. BUT thanks to this im as up to date as ever, ive even broke the bank and signed up to boro+, anyone have any opinions on that?

Anyway, ive been keeping a track of things over the last few months on here and as its been pretty slow i havent had much to say, but and i dont know how true it is but what i do know is that my nephew plays 5-a-side during the week at eston sports academy with luke williams and a couple other lads from the youth, 1 of them is Lewis Maloney, not sure if people have heard of him but is classed as PROMISING.

During a recent trip back home and a few legal wet ones my nephew was spilling the beans on the academy lads pre-season holiday to MAGALUF. One of the things that came back from the trip was that before they left a former/current player (he didnt really know full details)of liverpool who was a C/B had trained and played in a behind close doors 60 min kick around...... this is not an official rumour (if they was such a thing, and im not trying to get hearts pumping, im simply asking can anyone shed some light on this)

i was led to believe it was either a lad from liverpool going out on loan for expirience, or a lad that has recently left.

Okay - EG been printing interesting articles on 'The Ones That Got Away' recently. Thus far: Kluivert, Delvecchio, Rivaldo, Keane & Tudor.

Who's next do we reckon? My money's on Roberto Carlos! Imagine if 'that call' had been just a few hours later... He'd have already signed the contract :(

People keep mentioning "that site", as ive been locked away grafting and have missed the previous banter - is there anyway somebody could PM me so i know to stay away from it and not get excited over what sounds like a dud site.

I have a few i use already and im hoping its not one of them, there long days in the sand and sometimes its only the rumour pages that get me through alive. Cheers.