oneBoro Forum

Transfer thread 2013. Final hour and may she rest in peace

The way things are going regarding Leadbitter perhaps IT will be 2 out soon as every player has his price and a 2m bid will take some strong will to reject.

Boro have to get players in and pdq and I would hope before the Bordeoux game so the fans will get some idea of who will be starting against Leicester.

I still find it highly unlikely that:

a) Mowbray will want him to leave so close to season start.

b) Leadbitter will want to leave after moving here to be closer to home and since one of his best mates in Whitehead has now joined the club, which was a big draw for whitehead in coming.

c) Also, Mowbray will only sell if he has attainable targets with that cash that would improve the squad.

My money is on it not happening, although somewhat worrying that we don't seem to be saying back off, he's not for sale...

By the way, he was one of our best players against Chelsea last season in the cup and the very fact that Forest are so eager to double there original bid says to me that we'd be weakened by him leaving, or Forest would just switch to other similar available targets.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anything above 2mill for leadbitter let him go as long as we get a replacement.

Scotty mac personally I'm gutted to see him go yes it's been his wages that are the problem and not him but I really don't like the sound of the fact of him moving on to another championship squad because for me he has been our best striker last couple of seasons!. And with nicky bailey mill wall could have two very good strong players for this league !

If Faris also wants out then for me that's fine not impressed by him at all .. Yeah he runs about a lot but we could sign mo farah to do that !

BB and BD you guys may very well be right.

I never have or never will rate Leadbitter as highly as some others and I do hope that he has a storming season for us if he remains.

Just think that if a real 2m plus bid came in the money could just could help assist in other areas.

Like everything else we will have to wait and see

If we get offered silly money for Leadbitter then I think we should let him go. 2 million is in my opinion, around his actual value. If we get offered anything over 2.5-3 million then we should sell up as there's players out there who we are more in need of. 3 mill would meet Bristol's asking price for Adomah, secure us a good CB and would still leave us with some cash to fling around. Add this to the fact McDonald is also on the way out and I think we could have a reasonable amount of money to play around with before the end of the window.

Bailey now confirmed as a Millwall player. Says he wants to score more goals than he had the opportunity to with us. http://www.london24.com/sport/championship/millwall/millwall_sign_former_charlton_and_middlesbrough_man_1_2287223

Must say in the pic on Millwall's site here he looks delighted! http://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/article/bailey-signs-930424.aspx

Well if mcdonald goes weve lost our top goal scorer and the 20 goal a season player weve been looking for, i hope we find a replacement that hits the ground runnng all the rumours that have gone around prove how hard that is , and i hope weve saved all his wages or it could be a costly mistake

As for leadbitter if what hes saying is true and he doesnt want to go then it doesnt matter how much forest offer.

If Faris and Scotty leave, I don't think it changes much in term of targets... I'd say we need 3; 4 if Leadbitter leaves too.

(1) There'd be an added pressure and impetus to sign a natural goalscorer to replace Skippy - but that's nothing new

(2) Would we need to replace Faris? I don't think so... For me he's behind Leadbitter, Varga, Whitehead, Smallwood for the CM role - and, personally, i'd rather play Morris or Dolan ahead of him too. I'd use his departure to fund a Right Winger

(3) Nothing would change regarding us (possibly) needing a Centre Back - Though Mogga's comments on Gibson suggest that's a lower priority.

(4) If Leadbitter leaves, we need a Creative Attacking Mid to replace the role he look set for this season; the role he played in Portugal.

In honesty, i'd like to keep Leadbitter. He's tidy without being spectacular, and that's not a bad thing in this league. But £2m+ for a player like that? That's unrejectable... We could use that cash to buy a top Champo quality Creative Mid who'd fit that role far more naturally that Leadbitter: Majewski & Mellis are two that spring to mind. Mellis got 6 goals from midfield in a pretty rubbish Barnsley side last season, plus 11 assists - probably the more realistic of the two targets, too. He'd fit the creative attacking mid role more naturally than Leadbitter, thus giving us a more natural dynamic.

In terms of holding mids, the names mentioned before easily cover that position in quality and numbers.

Another name who could be a good replacement for Leadbitter - Lee Tomlin. 13 goals in a relegated side, plus 11 assists. Him just behind Juke would be a force to be reckoned with, in my opinion...

Just so we are clear, Leadbitter only played in that advanced role because Ledesma was forced to pull out at the last minute, Leadbitter was going to be playing further back.

Looks like Watford are up to no good again, as expected, they merely "sign" players for probably naught, circumventing the closing of the loan loophole.

Championship side Middlesbrough are being linked with a sale to a consortium including a Singapore billionaire and one of the world’s top football agents.

Peter Lim is described as one of Singapore’s 40 richest people with an estimated net worth of $1.6billion (around £1billion). He has been linked in the past with bids for Liverpool and also for Glasgow Rangers prior to the original company’s collapse. Now, a report from Spain claims Lim is set to link up with top agent Jorge Mendes and former Chelsea CEO Peter Kenyon to lodge a bid for Middlesbrough.

Lim and Mendes are reported by Spanish paper El Confidencial to be already negotiating to take over the Teesside club. It claims they are looking to purchase a team in England’s second tier to bring in overseas players they believe will adapt well to life in England. Boro would then act as a springboard with the more successful players being sold on to bigger Premier League clubs.

At present, Mendes represents a number of top young South American players who are often sold on to Portugese clubs – Porto being a prime example – before being sold again to bigger European clubs. Examples include James Rodriguez and Radamel Falcao, both of whom played are represented by Mendes. Both played at Porto. Rodriguez was sold to Monaco earlier this summer for 36m euro while Falcao was sold by Porto to Atletico Madrid for a similar price in 2011 before moving on to Monaco this summer.

Lim has been eyeing up Atletico Madrid and could even buy the Spanish side as well as Boro. Mendes has been collaborating with him on a tilt for Atletico while former Manchester United and Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon, now an associate of Mendes based in Jersey, is also being linked by El Confidencial with the bid for Middlesbrough. The club were relegated from the Premier League at the end of the 2008-09 season.

Boro have been owned since 1993 by businessman Steve Gibson. The 55-year-old has owned a majority stake in the club since 1993.

Gibson is himself worth £165m and was placed at number 451 in the Sunday Times Rich List for 2012.