• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe we're creating these stories and then rubbishing them so the EG can treble its players for its recurring 'ones that got away' feature.

I'll be a bit more disappointed if we lose out here, Vargas was unrealistic from the start, but this one could always have happened I think.

I herd it was the ticket office

Boro manager Tony Mowbray says he expects 'one or two' of the club's transfer targets to fall into place in the next week.

Efforts are continuing to add to the squad, with Mowbray saying in today's Gazette that the club needs reinforcements.

A number of players left the club over the summer, with three - Dean Whitehead, Jozsef Varga and Frazer Richardson - arriving so far.

They’re working hard to complete a deal to bring Albert Adomah to Teesside and the winger was withdrawn from the Bristol City matchday squad at lunchtime on Saturday after another bid was tabled.

Boro face a stiff challenge from Wigan Athletic for the 25-year-old’s signature and Mowbray has refused to be drawn on the status of the club’s bid for the Ghana international.

However, he told the club's official website tonight that several bids for players were currently on the table.

"I speak to the chairman and chief executive regularly and they are very supportive and people behind the scenes are working extremely hard to try to make it happen," said Mowbray.

"The chairman has a great desire to help us strengthen our team. We have three or four bids in with different clubs and different players and we'll wait and see which ones can come to fruition.

"It's never easy to get players out of clubs, particularly when they're their best players, because nobody wants to lose their best players.

"We've got a few targets we're shooting at and I'm sure one or two of them will drop into place in the next week or so."

People need to get of Moggas back he has no input except identifying the players he wants. It isn't as easy as I want him buy him now. Things haven't happened for one reason or another but its not the first time its happened and certainly wont be the last. We are on August 5th we have nearly a month to get some signings in. We are not the club we use to be with regards to money. Opening game of the season all the ticket offers on the table and we get 17000 through the gate. This is no ones fault just a result of the economic climate, but you can give me were we are now compared to 3000 fans at ayresome park. I for one travel 200 miles for a home match and go to as many away matches I can. I have a family I even travelled to the riverside on the Thursday to see the opening of the stand (I am the one in the gazette being shown around). I am embarrassed by the people who are saying time for Gibson to leave and mogga isn't the right man, I know everyone is entitled to a opinion and I respect it but please look at the whole picture of where we have been and where we are now.

Top man!

This is a belated reply to Prowler but I can't quote bare with me...

Bates on a pay as you play if he shows his fitness can be sustained give him a normal contract. A fit Bates is a very useful player is all I'm saying it doesn't look like we are swamped by options.