oneBoro Forum

Transfer thread 2013. Final hour and may she rest in peace

Its only though Leeds own stupidity that they could possibly have been dragged into this situation, if its true that they've accepted our bid and are now trying to match our offer to keep him, then its bad management on behalf of their board imo, they had no obligation to offer him a wage rise, they should have just rejected everyone of our offers.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Id love him to join us but after all the work weve done getting rid of the guys on £20k a week over the last 2 yrs do we really want to jump straight in with another.

This was the first thought that struck my mind once VB revealed our contract offer.

£2.2m for macCormack then put him on 20k a week is stupid simple as that

i hope we don`t sign him if that is true.

on the other hand if we get promotion its worth it but signing macCormack alone wont get us promotion we need more and with those sums will there be much more money?

there is something about this signing i just dont like.

I know I do this everyday but 24 hours passes each time I have the opportunity to log on to here and there are endless pages to sift through....an update of recent happenings would be great!

Saying you don't want him here or think less of him simply because of what he will be paid is just silly. As fans all we should be worried about is his performances on the pitch... 99% of people were over the moon with the thought he was coming here because they thought he could do a job for us, that shouldn't change simply because we now know what the club have offered him... All the recent deals the club have concluded fill me with enough confidence to know we will not pay more than we think he is worth. Im sure we will all forget how much he earns if he comes here and bangs goals in for fun...

Ollie, vb last night said from a very reliable source that he's 99% sure we've wrapped up the McCormack deal, for 2.2 mill and on 20k a week, however this morning there's a bit of ambiguity as the Leeds board had a meeting and the outcome of this meeting is not yet known. We've just got to sit tight and hope he signs!

I know I do this everyday but 24 hours passes each time I have the opportunity to log on to here and there are endless pages to sift through....an update of recent happenings would be great!

some reports going around that rm has signed a new contract with leeds.

And just to add, I think it's a perfectly reasonable fee and wage. McCormack is Leeds' best player. We'd not want to see our best player go for 2.2 mill at all. With regards to wages, correct me if I'm wrong but emnes, Williams and leadbitter are all on around about 20k. It wasn't the fact we had players on 20k+ that hurt us, it was the fact we had useless players on 20k+ and Ross McCormack is far from useless.

Saying you don't want him here or think less of him simply because of what he will be paid is just silly. As fans all we should be worried about is his performances on the pitch... 99% of people were over the moon with the thought he was coming here because they thought he could do a job for us, that shouldn't change simply because we now know what the club have offered him... All the recent deals the club have concluded fill me with enough confidence to know we will not pay more than we think he is worth. Im sure we will all forget how much he earns if he comes here and bangs goals in for fun...

Mine is nothing to do with the money. I am sure Gibbo is shrewed enough and clever enough to only pay what we can afford. My problem is lack of loyalty and trying to hold the club to ransom and then coming out and blatently lie to his own fans by saying he is desperate to stay (only if the price is right). He cant be that desperate he would of stayed with his reported £15000 a week. Him and his agent are trying to bleed both clubs dry that's why I don't want him near the club I love.

i know what you mean fans should be happy if he signs and bangs the goals in but look how long it took to get rid of players who were on to much money then we give 20k to a player who imo is not worth it by a long shot.

And just to add, I think it's a perfectly reasonable fee and wage. McCormack is Leeds' best player. We'd not want to see our best player go for 2.2 mill at all. With regards to wages, correct me if I'm wrong but emnes, Williams and leadbitter are all on around about 20k. It wasn't the fact we had players on 20k+ that hurt us, it was the fact we had useless players on 20k+ and Ross McCormack is far from useless.

i might be wrong but i thought leadbitter was on 7k a week if he is any were near 20k he needs to be sold now i would take the £2m from forest very happily.

i know what you mean fans should be happy if he signs and bangs the goals in but look how long it took to get rid of players who were on to much money then we give 20k to a player who imo is not worth it by a long shot.

The bolded bit is the important bit. Your opinion.

Clearly, to the guys with the figures and who do the number crunching and who will have seen Ross play and know way more than me or you, they clearly think £20k a week is a totally reasonable figure.

The bolded bit is the important bit. Your opinion.

Clearly, to the guys with the figures and who do the number crunching and who will have seen Ross play and know way more than me or you, they clearly think £20k a week is a totally reasonable figure.

is this the same people who gave macdonald all that money then could not get rid of him