• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DS,

If Marvin is to leave it has to be by Monday night, so either we'll have signed 2 by then or he stays.

Prowler,

all yout own work?

Agree EP but this is why I referred to Haroun yesterday because if Marvin stays we will have 2 squad players who do not actually want to be here adding to this bizarre situation it seems at the moment

I'm hoping the McCormack deal is sorted soon one way or another.. It's getting boring now!

Yep both clubs could have ended this one way or another and I wonder if Leeds fans are feeling this way too?

That's a great move for Curtis Main. Shrewsbury are a decent side and try to play some decent football from the highlights I've seen of them on Sky/FL Show. He'll get game time and hopefully bang in a couple. Really think he has massive potential and all the attributes to be a very good striker - tall, very strong, can hold up play well, great header of a ball and the only player for us I've seen spank a ball harder than him is JFH. But he is so raw at the moment, with regards to his movement off the ball and decision making. Hopefully we get our targets in and we can let them have Main to atleast Christmas and he really develops.

I don't understand what either team is waiting for? If Leeds have rejected the final bid then we should've moved on, if Leeds haven't rejected the final bid why can't they accept it and bring this to a conclusion finally!!

Ross just tweeted "couldn't care less what your man says on talksport"

Anyone know what was said??

I don't understand what either team is waiting for? If Leeds have rejected the final bid then we should've moved on, if Leeds haven't rejected the final bid why can't they accept it and bring this to a conclusion finally!!

Ross just tweeted "couldn't care less what your man says on talksport"

Anyone know what was said??

They said something along the lines that he has no pace.

Could it be that they haven't identified the players they need to bring in yet, so they are worried about letting him go before that is done.

Just my thought could be miles away just done understand the delay in all this.

http://mobile.football-rumours.co.uk/middlesbrough-rumours.php

30 Aug 2013 06:41:44

Leeds are willing to accept £2m but are waiting for McCormack to reject their contract offer so it looks to the fans like he is moving for money. Boro have offered a contract to his agent that is higher than leeds offer to him to stay. its who is going to budge first, !

Mowbrays other main strike targets are Becchio and Ebabks-Blake.

Just something I saw earlier. More fuel to the fire I suppose.

Who is Ebabks-Blake?

Sylvan Augustus Ebanks-Blake (born 29 March 1986) is an English footballer who plays as a striker. He is currently a free agent after the expiry of his contract at Wolverhampton Wanderers following the 2012–13 season..

He played youth team football for Cambridge United and Manchester United before making his professional debut in 2004. A spell on loan with Royal Antwerp followed before Ebanks-Blake was transferred to Plymouth Argyle in 2006. During his two seasons with Argyle, he scored 21 goals in the Championship and then joined Wolverhampton Wanderers for £1.5 million, where he won the Championship top scorer award in consecutive seasons to help the club gain promotion to the Premier League.

Ebanks-Blake has represented England at under-21 level, but is eligible to play for Jamaica at senior international level through his parents.[2

It's OK. I found it. But thanks for your help.

What I'm getting slightly worried about is the possible mentality of leaving our signings until the loan window opens. Isn't it called the 'emergency loan' window, and the maximum period a loan can be is 93 days? That really isn't what we need - even if we got them on loan with a view to a permanent, who's to say somebody like Becchio comes in on an emergency loan, scores 15 before Christmas, and some doyles like QPR offer him big bucks in January?

If we're going for loans we should really be getting them in before the Monday deadline. Season long loans are a million times better than 93 days.

Good point well we will soon find out one way or another but it is fair to say this window is fast becoming the most frustrating one I can remember simply in terms of "what the hell is going on"

Theres no need to worry about running out of time guys, deadline day is worth another week of the window. On monday We'll probably be linked with a couple, have one or two fall through and sign one or two. Sometimes i think sky sport just stage some of it!

I'm happy in a way because i hate boro being the only club not doing anything in the final few hours. We might even get the reporter at rockliffe this time!