oneBoro Forum

Transfer thread 2013. Final hour and may she rest in peace

Just a thought...If we agree to mutually terminate McDonald's contract before next seasons FFP accounting dates then we'll have his £35,000(Up from £32,000 this year) a week wages off our wage bill and able to strengthen several areas of the squad with his free wages. Is there any possibility of that VB?.

• Replies 22.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a thought...If we agree to mutually terminate McDonald's contract before next seasons FFP accounting dates then we'll have his £35,000(Up from £32,000 this year) a week wages off our wage bill and able to strengthen several areas of the squad with his free wages. Is there any possibility of that VB?.

Mutually means he agrees to terminate as well, which he isn't going to do for nothing..... You would still have to pay him a golden goodbye or sub his wages substantially at another club...

Did I hear a rumour that Celtic were interested in him at £15 k a week? so we would have to sub Celtic the equivalent of £20k a week for the last year of his contract..

Yeah I know he'd have to agree as well, which he only will do if he knows he's getting all of his £35,000 a week(with us paying up probably over half before the FFP rules). He'd probably get £15,000 a week at loads of clubs that he'd be willing to join(PL/SPL/Championship) so if we were to pay up the remaining £20,000 before it restricts us under the FFP rules his £35,000 a week will be effectively wiped of our accounts for next year and therefore will have it to sign several of the players that we've identified in low cost markets.

The major thing we need to look at in this transfer window is CM and a goalscorer. I think we have good forwards who have some great attributes, but none that can regularly put the ball in the net. With Juke, Main, Ledesma, Carayol, Williams and possibly McDonald, I think we only need one player in this role as long as it's a proper goalscorer. We should really look into Sharp and Maynards availability on a loan if they are not snapped up permenantly by anyone. There are plenty of other 4th/5th choice strikers in the premiership who could fill this role.

As for CM, I honestly think we need at least 3, maybe 4. Haroun isnt good enough there, Leadbitter is a 3rd/4th choice at best and bailey and mceachran will both be gone.

I think we'll be ok in most other areas of the pitch, maybe a back up left back and a winger. Anthing else would be a bonus.

the worst thing is, if we had a half decent midfielder who could create chances and score them, and a poacher who is able to put the ball into the net, this run of form would never have happened.

The major thing we need to look at in this transfer window is CM and a goalscorer. I think we have good forwards who have some great attributes, but none that can regularly put the ball in the net. With Juke, Main, Ledesma, Carayol, Williams and possibly McDonald, I think we only need one player in this role as long as it's a proper goalscorer. We should really look into Sharp and Maynards availability on a loan if they are not snapped up permenantly by anyone. There are plenty of other 4th/5th choice strikers in the premiership who could fill this role.

As for CM, I honestly think we need at least 3, maybe 4. Haroun isnt good enough there, Leadbitter is a 3rd/4th choice at best and bailey and mceachran will both be gone.

I think we'll be ok in most other areas of the pitch, maybe a back up left back and a winger. Anthing else would be a bonus.

I think by the time all the guys going are gone well need a lot more than that

I think, as stupid as it sounds, we need a hero! We don't always play bad football. In fact I'd say that a lot of our defeats in this bad run of form (though poor) haven't all been abysmal showings. But we lack a consistent goalscorer and creative CM. There's no real spark in our team, and all too often we drift through games.

I expect a fair few new faces (probably cheap, frees and loans) as we'll lose a lot of our 'assets' this summer, so there is plenty more work to be done, clearly. But if we can find an attack-minded CM alongside Leadbitter (ideally one whose competent from dead ball situations too) as well as a goalscorer (not necessarily one whose prolific, but just consistent) then we'd be a far stronger outfit. Easier said then done, naturally, but that has to be our goal. I'm not talking about big name signings. Just players of that ilk.

The majority of the rest of our team requires more organisational work more then anything else, rather then a multitude of ins and outs (though our hands will be as good as tied with some players). Our defence, for instance, is pretty good on paper. You won't find many better fullbacks and central defenders then the ones we already have for this level! But fact of the matter is that we leak and gift goals for fun.

The last 6 games sum up our problems completely - we haven't managed to score at all in 5 out of the last 6, in the game where we did score we still lost. If you don't score, you can't win

Defence is the next big problem - in the last 6 games we've leaked 9 goals with just 1 clean sheet. If you can't keep clean sheets, very difficult to win

Our style of play is the next big problem - we are slow, predictable and unable to adapt when we lose a goal. Whilst we have spells where we maintain possession, it's non threatening and often negative - we are too easily worked out by our opponents.

Now Mowbray has said on BBC.Co.UK today that it's obvious what the problem is - I wish he'd tell us what he thinks it is and how he's going to address it.

I'm not convinced at all that bringing in a handful of players in place of some of the one's we have will do it for us - he needs to regain the player's confidence in his abilities - they just haven't got a clue what to do right now and he just stands at pitchside unable to inspire things or change things for the better.

personally i think the time has come for gibbo to read the riot act to everyone involved in the first team squad , players manager and coaches

frankly theyre not worthy of thier wages this year . the seasons over bar the shouting so lets have some shouting and not keep it all bottled in festering away and rotting the flesh of the club .

i know its not gibbos style but hes pumping thousands into the club and deserves respect from his employees .

I think, as stupid as it sounds, we need a hero! We don't always play bad football. In fact I'd say that a lot of our defeats in this bad run of form (though poor) haven't all been abysmal showings. But we lack a consistent goalscorer and creative CM. There's no real spark in our team, and all too often we drift through games.

I expect a fair few new faces (probably cheap, frees and loans) as we'll lose a lot of our 'assets' this summer, so there is plenty more work to be done, clearly. But if we can find an attack-minded CM alongside Leadbitter (ideally one whose competent from dead ball situations too) as well as a goalscorer (not necessarily one whose prolific, but just consistent) then we'd be a far stronger outfit. Easier said then done, naturally, but that has to be our goal. I'm not talking about big name signings. Just players of that ilk.

The majority of the rest of our team requires more organisational work more then anything else, rather then a multitude of ins and outs (though our hands will be as good as tied with some players). Our defence, for instance, is pretty good on paper. You won't find many better fullbacks and central defenders then the ones we already have for this level! But fact of the matter is that we leak and gift goals for fun.

I agree with where you are coming from. But when we needed a cheap attacking CM we bought Ledesma. He looked good but has stopped producing.

We needed a goal scorer so we bought Jutkiewicz. He has played really well but stopped scoring.

So you are right it is easier said than done.

I think if a few of players can just get their mojo back a bit we have a good side without any incomings.

--------------Steele--------------------

Hoyte --Bikey Woodgate-- Friend

Carayol Leadbitter Ledesma Reach

-----------Jutkiewicz Main-------------

Looks like a decent enough side to compete to me. And that is assuming the loss of: Williams, McManus, McEachran, Arca, Dyer, Emnes, McDonald, Bailey and Thomson already having gone.

bikeys gone, club won't be taking up the option on his contract, well not gone yet but you know what i meant!

You sure about that. He has played a lot of games this season and with Williams and McManus gone it would make sense to keep him.