oneBoro Forum

Academy Striker

Cooper says in that article that the under 16's are an especially talented bunch like you've said previously Powlay, so I was wondering what positions(not names) in particular are strong in that age group?.

Ooooo you cheeky man, hoping I name drop a striker in there that could be the one Coops was talking about?

The U16s are a fantastic group of players. Will do a post later today on them if that's cool?

Ok thanks Powlay. I'm hoping there's a next batch of midfielders the quality of Downing, Morrison, Cattermole, Johnson etc waiting to come through as lately the midfielders we've developed haven't hit the same standards as them.

The only ones I've heard of the are the likes of Morris, Cooke, Jones etc(Not including older first teamers like Reach and Smallwood) that are meant to be highly rated so hopefully they keep their feet on the ground and fulfill their potential and I get my fix of midfielders.

• 2 weeks later...

In the recent Q and A that Mowbray and Gibson did, mowbray mentioned a young player called Johnson in particular, according to the list of youth players Powlay posted, it's Callum Johnson. And it's the only player he hasn't seen much of, so I'm guessing this academy striker is Callum Johnson

I would guess He probably meant Jackson(Adam). has captained England at youth level I think and highly thought of. Bit younger than Gibson so a candidate to go out on loan next season. Centre back.

What do others think?

In the recent Q and A that Mowbray and Gibson did, mowbray mentioned a young player called Johnson in particular, according to the list of youth players Powlay posted, it's Callum Johnson. And it's the only player he hasn't seen much of, so I'm guessing this academy striker is Callum Johnson

Thinking about it now I think it could a Callum, however I was thinking Cooke rather than Johnson. I haven't heard of Callum Johnson so I hope there is more than one Super Callum coming through!!