oneBoro Forum

Justin Hoyte??

I wondered if TM had taken up the 1 year option on Justin's Contract? Although he always gives his all and has pace to burn, I personally hope we let me go and look for a better footballing right back, even from the lower leagues. Its been proven with G Friend that they are out there, Hoyte for me has a very poor footballing brain, rarely wants to venture over the halfway line and is more than happy just to pass it 2 yards towards the centre of the pitch.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a RB should be one of our main priorities this summer with the problems it caused us this season. Happy for Hoyte to stay, for me he is a good back up player but we should be looking for better imo.

Close to impossible to get a better right back with our budget at this level. Had it not been for his injury I feel we may have scraped a playoff place! Him and friend together give us great balance

Not body balance

A fit and confident Hoyte is easily good enough for a promotion chasing team. I disagree with the notion that he rarely wants to venture over the half way line. Time and time again I see him take up good positions, getting forward and putting balls into the box. And time and time again I see our midfielders completely miss his well timed runs. For me, we have to work on expecting him to be there and yet far too often he is ignored. I think I saw the best of him when Ledesma was playing right wing with him. It's no surprise to me that when Hoyte was injured, it coincided with the poor form of Ledesma. I think they had a good thing going on that side of the pitch.

I'd spend money/wages elsewhere before looking to replace Hoyte.

i agree there ARE more pressing positions to fill in this transfer window

but look back to what happened whe justin was unavailable we had NO genuine replacement available that was familiar in that position hence square pegs in round holes i.e bailey . rhys and at one time we even threatened using dyer there .... surely we need to have a back up player with previuous experience in that particular position to turn to this time round maybe a centre back that can also fit in there as george can do on the left (ok, hes a left back that can fill in at central defence ) or quedrue used to .

didnt richard dunne play right back on occasion .....but cant see him getting very advanced and swinging in crosses

Need to sort the defense out first. We could get the best striker in the league but if we keep letting goals in we wont win games its that simple. Cardiff ran away with the league because they didn't let goals in and just pinched games 1-0 all the time.

I think too many fans want the best midfielders or strikers but i would be much happier this summer buying really promising defenders letting other teams know they will have to be out their best to beat us. I want the Riverside to be a fortress.

Glad that's cleared that up, he's hear for another season at least. Agree that there are more pressing positions that need filling first i.e. a goal scorer and a central midfielder. however it is a little scary that the majority of people think Hoyte is good enough. Friend was outstanding this season bombing forward, all of our potent attacking threat comes down the left, Hoyte NEVER beats his man, very rarely gets to the byline and whips one across the six yard box. Cardiff - Mcnaughton, Hull - Rosenior and Watford - Anya to name three are all twice the player Hoyte is.

The best football we've played this season has been when Hoyte has been playing with Ledesma ahead of him to overlap him to spread play which makes it easier for us to play through teams.

Friend gets far more praise than Hoyte because he does more underlapping forward runs which gets everyone's praise but both of them are equally as important to us, especially with both of their back ups being nowhere as good as them.