oneBoro Forum

2013 Confederations Cup PL - Quarter Final Half Times

2013 Confederations Cup PL

Quarter-Final Half Times

Pretty self explanatory this. These are the standings at the half way stage in our PL knock-out fixtures. We expected plenty of goals. And we got them!

Actual Results

Brazil 2-1 Uruguay .

Fred 41', Cavani 48', Paulinho 86'.

PL Half Times

QF1: 2plus2 4-3 Jamesp.

A goalfest in fixture 1 as no less then 7 goals went in before either predictor chowed down on their half time oranges. Both correctly anticipated a Brazilian 1-0 lead after 45, as well as a Samba victory after 90. But it was by virtue of the goal scored by Fred, and a miss or two by Suarez, that leaves yours truly going into the break with a narrow lead.

QF 2: Borodane 2-4 Smogsterking the Inspiration.

Now then! Few saw this one coming! Borodane, a big favourite to progress in this tie, has his work cut out after Smogsterking came out firing on all cylinders to open up a 2 goal lead. Both correctly predicted Brazil to lead at HT and FT, but Smogsterking was a step above as he managed to foresee the exact scorelines in both. Turns out that Rik Waller is surprisingly nippy when he gets out of the blocks.

QF 3: Treknut 4-4 Tanksie.

Even stevens as both predictors score points for the same outcomes in the highest scoring fixture this round has to offer thus far. Treknut will be eager to get this tie out of the way though as he knows that with the Dane in serious danger of making a surprise QF exit, this tournament could be very much his own to win. But Tanksie is giving him a run for his money as it stands. Tight match this. Could we be in for a tense finale with penalties and extra time?

QF 4: AlanFromBoro 3-3 Boroboy1980.

Another close one. Alan got off to a good start with a goal from Fred, but Boroboy is a true PL force this year, and a HT scoreline edged him back level pegging. Any fears from Alan that he might crash and burn have quickly been diminished. But could his nerves end up playing an important role as we approach the full time whistle? Boroboy1980 has experienced defeat at this stage in the ACON PL before, and will be looking to set the record straight and rewrite the history books. Two tense predictors. It might be a crucial mistake that settles this one.

So very dissapointed in myself. But well done Smogsterking for some astute predicting. I'll have to roll up mu sleaves for tonight, but I see that we have the same two goalscorers, so it's gonna be tough.

Then sub Torres for Villa!! Torres looks dead, and I want a prize!!

Well, this is gonna be close lmao!

edit: just noticed you predicted italy to win on penalties, does this mean i won :O

No problem James. And bad luck. Could have v easily swung the other way.

QF Full Times are now up on a new thread. Congrats to all who are through. Unlucky to those who are not. Some unbelievably tight matches in the end!