oneBoro Forum

The Ashes Series Thread

I know that there are enough a***st us that are looking forward to the forthcoming cricket test series between England and Australia and plenty who simply do not care about this sport therefore for the benefit of all of us that are looking forward then decided that we should have our own thread to cover all of the games and series coming up.

Live commentary and updates well I say commentary will probably be one line comments and more updates on the score but a chance to sum up days play and to discuss what has happened throughout the days play.

So for those who do not understand cricket kick off (not really called that) and yes I am kidding will be as follows.

1100hrs 10th July 2013 at Trent Bridge Nottingham.

With the weather as it is I do not see it lasting 5 days and will England spoil the Aussie party by winning the first test as normally the Aussies often do.

Let battle commence and the posts start and what I hope will be a lasting thread for all the series of matches to come.

Me I can not wait for the first ball to be bowled

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Mega looking forward to this series, can't decide whether the Aussies selecting Agar over Lyon is a clever selection or sheer desperation. Shows the strength of depth in Australian spinners I suppose, or lack thereof. Will be a close series though!

I think the appointment of Darren Leeman is possibly the biggest factor in the Aussies being somewhat better than many believe they are. Have a feeling there will be a lot of fight should be a tremendous series

Completely agree DS, I started supporting Yorkshire just before Lehman called it a day, I think he'll be a similar coach to Gillespie at Yorkshire, laid back but will give them confidence to go out and play attacking cricket

I'm going for a 3-1 series win for England. I think Englands bowling attack is well capable of taking 20 wickets in a match. Got tickets for the 1st day of the 4th test at Durham on August 9th. Cant wait, should still be something riding on the 4th test.

Was a little surprised that Monty has been overlooked think he is a tremendous and on his day a very important addition to the squad especially that there are still questions over Swans fitness

Australias team is very strange. Steve smith(tin tin) is not a particuarly good player and is even worse in tests. Agar is 19 and has only played a handful of first class games and Rodgers has come up out of nowhere. England should win this comfortably, its theirs to lose. Watson has NEVER been a test player, he is a coward who at 32 still needs a more senior player playing with hinm as a saftey blanket.

England to win the first series 5-0 weather permiting.

Is Root opening with Cook?

Glad they dropped Compton his head seemed all over the place and that was in a winning side?

The opening partnership could well indicate just how the series will go and glad England are intent on staking their claim first

Smith's an interesting choice, he's very unorthodox as a batsman, but I think he'll make runs if someone like Clarke or Cowan is holding the other end, I hope England get to bat against his leg spin because that is awful, great fielder mind

Will only be able to the morning session as I'm in Australia! Cant believe Australian TV aren't running a highlights show. The are for the Tour de France. Perhaps that's a sign of there expectations going into this years ashes.