oneBoro Forum

The Ashes Series Thread

People dont realise Agar batted at 3 for Henley CC, who play in a decent standard of cricket. He is no slouch and we were wrong to write him off. Poor homework by England and it has cost us. However, swap Agar and Clarkes scores and I'd not be too upset?

Just a shame that in the circumstances he stepped up.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Pietersen did a decent job. The wicket was one of those things.

We need to cook to stay in a big chunk of the day. Then if Bell, Prior etc can add a few runs we should be looking ok.

Like a Boro match day thread lol!!!

Only a lead of 66 with 4 wickets gone..............certainly swingometer in Australias favour we wil have to have a minimum of a 250 lead to stand any chance....our bowlers can repair this but we do need runs on the board. Plenty of time though

Momentum definately back with the Aussies. Bell needs to get a big score, he has all the talent in the world. Bairstow did alright in the first innings, played a few good shots, he needs to replicate that this innings, these need to bat for a long long time.

I think the Aussies will be very disappointed if they don't win this test from here.

I have no faith in Bell or the English tail!

^ Realistically I can't see England passing 260/270, let alone 300. Aussies have time on their side, it would take a monumental effort from Anderson and Swann with Broad not 100% and Finn not being on form.

I agree 100% i'm very worried about getting a result from this position, with a draw just about out the question, All the batsmen I'd have confidence in to make a biog score and stick around are already back in the hutch, think we need a big innings from prior.

That said even with a lead of 200 I reckon our attack could have a good go at them

I think the Aussies will be very disappointed if they don't win this test from here.

I have no faith in Bell or the English tail!

Lol what? remmember australia were all out for 120 odd in day 1 conditions til the 3rd ump made a VERY poor decision. Australia don't know what end to hold when batting. If bell (who I rate) scores decent runs England are in the drivers seat.