oneBoro Forum

The Ashes Series Thread

Not related to the ashes as such, but Northants won the T20 trophy yesterday our first trophy in 21 years. A fair few of the team have come through the academy, and in the finals day this year were defiantly the underdogs, but blew both Essex and more so Surrey away!

And pretty much started from scratch coming into the new season, very proud of the team. All in all it has been a very good year of sport for Northamptonshire, with the Cobblers getting to the play-off final, the Saints getting to the Premiership final and now the steelbacks winning their first trophy in 21 year, and could add to that, they are an outside chance for a semi-final in the YB40 and are 2nd in the County Championship div 2! :D

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Surrey fan and as soon as Willey (what a player he is!) got going yesterday I just knew you were going to get a huge score. You were the team I was most worried about of the three on finals day and you certainly proved that! An incredible match from you guys, you were miles ahead of everyone.

I have no idea how but this season we have just managed to turn the whole thing around and are now going strong on all fronts! whereas we would normally do reasonable in the 4 day game. Long may it continue! And yeah Willey future Northants captain right there, also born a bred in Northampton. I loved the rendition of "The fields are green, the skies are blue" by the Northants lads! That £200k prize money will go a really long way for the club, we really aren't the biggest club in England by a long way, compared to the Essex's, Surrey's and Hampshire's and so the money will hopefully enable us to keep the current squad together.

Also an interesting fact if we get a few documents verified, we could be the oldest county competing in the County Championship, the documents date back to 1820! :O

Yeah I've been really impressed with you all season, everything just seems to have clicked for you and you've got a well-balanced side in all formats.

Cool fact about being the oldest county club!

The best bit of finals day for me was all the Gary Wilson fans, what a laugh.

Did I read that Ashton Agar has been asllowed to return to Australia due to illness? If so I would think there were no plans to play him in the 5th test at the Kia Oval.

Is that Thursday or Friday?