• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

6 overs to go 4 wickets down 36 needed what a brilliant Ashes series this has been.

Hey we have not heard from tanksie in a while hope he is ok!

Aussies playing for bad light oh I hope it does not come to that with England needing 28 got to go for boundaries yes a four lol!! and a no ball so 5

Wicket will it go the full distance???????? feels like I am commentating to myself oh no they have gone off thats it a dramatic draw!!! In the rules of the game though

What a pity but this test seemed always destined for a draw

Will leave the thread up for another day before I move this to the archives in case anyone wants to add to it

So sunburnt but what a day of cricket! That was the last thing I expected.

Contented is an understatement DS! Just a shame it ended on the light. They need to look at those rules.

Yeah although I thought they'd go off because of the time anyway, they didn't explain that they had to finish the overs. Definitely thought we'd do it though and I'm glad we gave it a go! Credit to the Aussies for going for it too though,certainly made it interesting.

England's ODI squad announced, no Cook, Anderson, Broad, Swann or Bell; Carberry, Ballance, (Jamie) Overton, Jordan and Rankin in, Morgan capt. I don't know much about Overton, but pleased Carberry, Rankin and Ballance are in. The big players being dropped isn't great for spectators but I think it's best to keep them under wraps for the away series.

Thanks though part of me would like to use the best players available as much as possible and be the best at all 3 aspects of the game. I mean if some players can then why not others unless they really are not bothered about the different formats of the game???

I can see why someone like Anderson has been rested, I think England have sufficient back up to replace him and let him rest up as he'll be a key player in the winter series. You have a point though, it speaks volumes that the T20 side nowadays is pretty much unrecognisable to the Test side. With the World Cup being a few years away I guess the selectors want to see how these players on the fringes of international cricket will cope, there's only so much you can learn playing with the Lions.

I imagine even with the return series coming up the Aussies will keep a very similar line-up to their Test side, Clarke may step away due to his back, so Voges or Hussey may come in, similarly Harris out for Mitchell Johnson who's in good form. I can see Australia winning this series, there's a lot more emphasis on the shorter format in Australia with the Big Bash league etc, so their bowlers are better at executing their one-day skills.